Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; How do u get this??? The link doesn't work /:...

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

Junior Member jonny.paine@yahoo.com's Avatar
    How do u get this??? The link doesn't work /:

If you had bothered to actually read the thread, you would have seen that this was only a test release, and was only released to a limited number of users. It has not been officially pushed to everyone.

Flashing now. :D

Okay, so I dunno if anybody else had a problem with their IM app force closing at the logon screen, but after the update this problem was fixed. Which rocks. And I can still ADB transfer apps and stuff to my phone. Also the random volume glitch in the music player seems to have disappeared, and the phone actually keeps up with my texts when I use the keyboard!!!!!! I would recommend this update to anyone who isn't really sure what the benefits are, but are having problems now. Just sayin'

Is the firmware posted OEM or is it AT&T with AT&T crippleware? Basically, can I update an Optus Backflip and still use it or is it only for people with AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukas View Post
    Is the firmware posted OEM or is it AT&T with AT&T crippleware? Basically, can I update an Optus Backflip and still use it or is it only for people with AT&T?
    its still crippled with at&t's bloatware.

there are two optus firmwares posted on modmymoto you can update your optus backflip with.

I get kick out of all you guys. Just because there is an update, doesn't mean you should run out and install it.

If you don't have the experience or understand what you are doing, you shouldn't worry about it. Motorola and AT&T with give us updates once they have been fully tested.

Like I said, just because there is an update, it is never smart to run out and grab the update when it becomes available. It is best to wait a 2 months or more for them to work the bugs out or see what other users of the update say about it. When Android 2.1 comes available...I will wait before updating the phone. As much as I want 2.1, I will wait at least a month.

Updates usually fix bugs but, they also introduce new ones.

But if you are the type the doesn't depend on your phone for business (Like I do) or just have to have that update, have fun.

If any of your have ran Microsoft software on your PC, seems you would know not to always install the latest update.

Patience is a virtue.

Good advice Air. There was actually someone on the official forums who installed the update when it was initially pushed OTA and then freaked out when he couldn't remove it. I forget what issue it caused him. I believe it broke his ability to use SIP for VOIP calling.

I wish I had an extra phone to tweak and mess with, but I don't.

I guess these guys that want to install all these updates don't depend on their phone as much as I do, or they don't understand that some updates introduce new bugs.

For me, If I don't have my phone, I could loose money. I use my phone for about 75% of my life stuff. If it is broke, I would freak out. I really hate be so dependent on it, but we live in that type of world now.

But I must admit, I am glad there are people willing to take risks and see what happens. Because I will always use their inputs on my decisions to update my phone.

It's called "early adopting." You either pioneer the way thru or you follow those before you.

To complain about the difficulty of applying this "update" is nothing short of an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneDude View Post
    I get kick out of all you guys. Just because there is an update, doesn't mean you should run out and install it.

If you don't have the experience or understand what you are doing, you shouldn't worry about it. Motorola and AT&T with give us updates once they have been fully tested.

Like I said, just because there is an update, it is never smart to run out and grab the update when it becomes available. It is best to wait a 2 months or more for them to work the bugs out or see what other users of the update say about it. When Android 2.1 comes available...I will wait before updating the phone. As much as I want 2.1, I will wait at least a month.

Updates usually fix bugs but, they also introduce new ones.

But if you are the type the doesn't depend on your phone for business (Like I do) or just have to have that update, have fun.

If any of your have ran Microsoft software on your PC, seems you would know not to always install the latest update.

Patience is a virtue.
    First off, I am confused about your statement. You say people should not update when updates are released, however if no one updates, there are no bug reports filled out, and thus the same bugs there 2 months ago would not be fixed. Second, these updates are generally tested in-house before any releases, and are only released when ready for the general public to update. If any public testing needs to be completed for a larger staging area, they will release optional betas or a closed release (like this was, only so many users were able to update to it)

So, this software has been out for a pretty significant duration, and I've heard no major complains from those who were able to upgrade. So, who's to say we shouldn't all upgrade now that there is a way?

Edit: I would like an official change log with the update, though... Bug fixes usually don't introduce new issues, it's the new features that do. I don't think this contains many/any new features.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links