Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; This still isn't the official release. It's just that they have captured the limited release update and modified it so that others can install it. ...

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

This still isn't the official release. It's just that they have captured the limited release update and modified it so that others can install it. There are some issues with the update.

I'm running 13.35, and it's been fine for me, but then, I didn't really have any of the issues the update fixed (such as the Camera causing the phone to reboot).

Really it's up to you. Air, I think was just saying that if you NEED your phone, and can't risk it not working, you probably should just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by knigitz View Post
    First off, I am confused about your statement. You say people should not update when updates are released, however if no one updates, there are no bug reports filled out, and thus the same bugs there 2 months ago would not be fixed. Second, these updates are generally tested in-house before any releases, and are only released when ready for the general public to update. If any public testing needs to be completed for a larger staging area, they will release optional betas or a closed release (like this was, only so many users were able to update to it)

So, this software has been out for a pretty significant duration, and I've heard no major complains from those who were able to upgrade. So, who's to say we shouldn't all upgrade now that there is a way?

Edit: I would like an official change log with the update, though... Bug fixes usually don't introduce new issues, it's the new features that do. I don't think this contains many/any new features.
    As far as I know, this update hasn't been "Officially" released... right? It was released to 1000 people. There are always going to be hack websites that get a hold the release and make it available to people.

What I am was saying (and I will say it again) why not just be patient and wait until Motorola and AT&T release it to the masses.

I am not putting you guys down for getting the latest BETA update and installing it. You can do what ever you want with your phone. I just don't understand why people can't be patient, that is all. If you like taking risks, that is great! But I don't, not with my phone anyway. I save that for my Linux PC's in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    This still isn't the official release. It's just that they have captured the limited release update and modified it so that others can install it. There are some issues with the update.

I'm running 13.35, and it's been fine for me, but then, I didn't really have any of the issues the update fixed (such as the Camera causing the phone to reboot).

Really it's up to you. Air, I think was just saying that if you NEED your phone, and can't risk it not working, you probably should just wait.
    That was exactly what I was saying and I know there are a lot of people on here that don't have the technical background to do this. I can tell the way they write in their posts. If you can't follow directions well, or don't know what you are doing, I would advise to not do unofficial updates. If you don't care about your phone or have an extra and want to mess around and learn, great - go for it.

This update thing kind of reminds me of your average Windows user. Microsoft releases Office 2010, and you have users running around saying, "I have got to have the new office suite". You ask them why and they say "Because it is new!". They don't know why, they don't know what the benefits are or even if it is really worth it or if they would use the new features, they just know it is new and Microsoft marketed as a "shinny new office suite".

Quote Originally Posted by ojsakila View Post
    It's called "early adopting." You either pioneer the way thru or you follow those before you.

To complain about the difficulty of applying this "update" is nothing short of an oxymoron.

This update is not hard to do for someone that knows how to follow directions. And if the documentation is written well, it should be straight forward.

um i have a new version

umm i have a new version idk if anybody else might have it but i have version its Blur_Version.0.13.37.mb300.ATT.en.US

Neat. I just checked for updates, and it appears that this update is now available. Pulling up the release notes now.

**EDIT** Release notes are the same as 13.35. Looks like this is the official update.

i confirm as well. the update is available via system updates.

That update is officially available ... at least for me it is...

Went to Settings - > About Phone - > System Update 1 of 2 (14mb)... 0.12.1214

Anyone else getting it? Getting the option to update that is???

Not positive yet, but I believe this update, 13.37 has resolved the issue with some apps not showing up in the Market when they should have. I do know that the SlingPlayer app is now showing.

I think this is the update that those 1000 users downloaded and BETA tested.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links