Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jmgib I still can't get over people complaining about Blur. If you buy a phone that doesn't meet your needs, why is ...

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I still can't get over people complaining about Blur. If you buy a phone that doesn't meet your needs, why is that the fault of ATT or Motorola or Apple or whomever? That is why they make different types of phones. Motorola makes phones with and without Blur. It's not their fault you chose a phone that wasn't right for you.
    haha, amen! couldn't agree more.

There was an announcement posted by Motorola giving instructions on how to get the test update. The update has now been disabled.

The update is mostly just bug fixes and better stability for problems which have been identified. It's not an update to Android 2.1 or anything.

I still can't get over people complaining about Blur. If you buy a phone that doesn't meet your needs, why is that the fault of ATT or Motorola or Apple or whomever? That is why they make different types of phones. Motorola makes phones with and without Blur. It's not their fault you chose a phone that wasn't right for you.
    Idiot. :blur: is retarded. You can get all of the :blur: features from android apps and avoid the bloatwair that cripples the phone. Another benefit of no :blur:: Quicker android updates making the phone more uptodate and viable. This is why we hate :blur:. It offers no benefits that cant be gained from apps while making the phone lag behind the "latest and greatest" OS benefits. Unfortunately, we kinda have to put of with its nonsense since it is the only android phone for AT&T.

Check, and mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone69 View Post
    Idiot. :blur: is retarded. You can get all of the :blur: features from android apps and avoid the bloatwair that cripples the phone. Another benefit of no :blur:: Quicker android updates making the phone more uptodate and viable. This is why we hate :blur:. It offers no benefits that cant be gained from apps while making the phone lag behind the "latest and greatest" OS benefits. Unfortunately, we kinda have to put of with its nonsense since it is the only android phone for AT&T.

Check, and mate.
    No, you didn't have to put up with it. You could have chosen to wait until later this summer when ATT will roll out additional Android phones. Again, your impatience is not the fault of ATT or Motorola. Also, the Backflip isn't the only Motorola phone which is using Blur. It also will not be the last, as they are planning to release additional Android phones using Blur.

Can you get similar features from other apps in the Market? Sure. Do they all flow together as nicely as Blur? I don't know. Honestly, I like Blur. I wish it was more feature complete, and allowed things such as retweeting a Twitter post.

Also, if you aren't using Blur and don't have any accounts set up with it, I seriously doubt it's affecting the performance of the phone one way or the other.

Android 2.1 should be coming in a couple of months. It's really not that long of a wait. I know some people are impatient and have to have everything right now. Deal with it. I'm sure these are the same types of people who have to go out and purchase iPhone N+1 every single year and then gripe and complain about having to pay for it, like Apple and/or ATT owe them something.

I'm really not trying to be confrontational about this, I just get tired of seeing people going on and on about the same things and complaining about how the Backflip is so outdated and useless, or griping about Blur. You knew those facts before purchasing the phone (or at least should have).

No, you didn't have to put up with it. You could have chosen to wait until later this summer when ATT will roll out additional Android phones. Again, your impatience is not the fault of ATT or Motorola. Also, the Backflip isn't the only Motorola phone which is using Blur. It also will not be the last, as they are planning to release additional Android phones using Blur.

Can you get similar features from other apps in the Market? Sure. Do they all flow together as nicely as Blur? I don't know. Honestly, I like Blur. I wish it was more feature complete, and allowed things such as retweeting a Twitter post.

Also, if you aren't using Blur and don't have any accounts set up with it, I seriously doubt it's affecting the performance of the phone one way or the other.

Android 2.1 should be coming in a couple of months. It's really not that long of a wait. I know some people are impatient and have to have everything right now. Deal with it. I'm sure these are the same types of people who have to go out and purchase iPhone N+1 every single year and then gripe and complain about having to pay for it, like Apple and/or ATT owe them something.

I'm really not trying to be confrontational about this, I just get tired of seeing people going on and on about the same things and complaining about how the Backflip is so outdated and useless, or griping about Blur. You knew those facts before purchasing the phone (or at least should have).
    I kinda have to agree with this. My only gripe with the Backflip is the fact that it's seemingly impenetrable to the rooting process. Other then that, everyone knew what they signed up for with the Backflip. Like was stated, you didn't HAVE to buy it. Even if you are that desperate for Android, there is a 3G capable version of the Nexus One for AT&T, and I believe an Unlocked Motorola Milestone (aka Droid) may be used on AT&T from Telus. You always have choices. Maybe they are expensive choices, but that's the price you must pay for high end. Seriously, there is not much to complain about a solid phone that ranges from 0-100$ on contract. Other then the no-root situation, I have no unforeseen gripes with this phone. EVERYONE knew about Blur, as this was not the first offering. Everyone knew about AT&T's restrictions. None of this was ever secret. And, believe it or not, BLUR is a key selling point for some customers. I guess what I wanna finish with is: there is always a choice, and nobody forced you at gunpoint to purchase the Backflip.

Because it is AT&T's only offering of an Android enabled phone. Some people might have been forced into AT&T as a carrier.

The Blur is ok, I don't like the way it's implemented in the contacts, but I don't use it... However I will say that the AT&T apps should be unlocked to remove if unwanted. So I understand the complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone69 View Post

Check, and mate.
    As jmgib and luke31 have said, you are missing the point. It's fine if you don't like Blur, but you can't buy a phone with it and then whine about it. If you don't like Blur, DON'T BUY A BLUR PHONE.

I think everyone has the point whether they like blur or not. I'm sure everyone feels the same way about the ATT bloatware, but this argument gets started on almost every thread. I think we should start a complain about the motoblur here thread (and make it a sticky) so everyone can place their complaints, or even praises. Kinda annoying trying to read a thread about its intended purpose when you'll have about 10 posts about people complaining about motoblur, and then people complaining about people complaining about motoblur (I'm guilty here haha). I don't really care for motoblur, but lets keep this argument out of every thread so we can stay on topic.

No updates on the update?

There hasn't been anything posted by Motorola regarding it, no.

How are you gonna whine about blur when it was the ENTIRE FOCUS of the backflip marketing campaign. For crying out loud, they never once mentioned android. You obviously had to research the phone to see it was android, same as I did. As far as bloatware is concerned, I have had locked apps on EVERY AT&T phone I have ever had. Even the iphone wouldn't let you delete the stock, weather, etc icons that came on it. AT&T radio was on an old sony I had 6 years ago.

Why do I put up with these things? Verizon pissed me off, tmo has **** for coverage, and sprint was too expensive when I switched.

I love my bf and knew it in the first week.I hated my iphone in the first day. You had your chance to get out and didn't. If you don't like the phone, leave the forum and let the rest of us enjoy the forum.

And if the update comes early and is broken, you'd flame moto and AT&T for that too. So just be patient
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links