Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; How are you gonna whine about blur when it was the ENTIRE FOCUS of the backflip marketing campaign. For crying out loud, they never once ...

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Backflip Maintenance Update.

How are you gonna whine about blur when it was the ENTIRE FOCUS of the backflip marketing campaign. For crying out loud, they never once mentioned android. You obviously had to research the phone to see it was android, same as I did. As far as bloatware is concerned, I have had locked apps on EVERY AT&T phone I have ever had. Even the iphone wouldn't let you delete the stock, weather, etc icons that came on it. AT&T radio was on an old sony I had 6 years ago.

Why do I put up with these things? Verizon pissed me off, tmo has **** for coverage, and sprint was too expensive when I switched.

I love my bf and knew it in the first week.I hated my iphone in the first day. You had your chance to get out and didn't. If you don't like the phone, leave the forum and let the rest of us enjoy the forum.

And if the update comes early and is broken, you'd flame moto and AT&T for that too. So just be patient
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Nice double post FROOOOOBBB.

Now let's not resort to name calling.

No Update Available

I am running version 0.12.1199

I noticed there is a new version available, so I tried download it and it says my phone is up to date....

... Read it won't be offered to everyone at once. So hopefully in the next few weeks.

I want Android 2.1 upgrade, these little updates from Motorola are great and all, but I want the OS upgraded!

Found this on the Motorola Owners Forum:

--------------------------------------------
    Took my phone QUITE a while on the AT&T logo screen on part 2 on 5/11 as well..

Comments:

1) Battery is MUUUUUCH improved! Yesterday, I pulled the flip off the charger at 85% at around 2:30pm EST, and got home at about 10:15PM or so with 28% left - nearly 8 hours, at LEAST 1 hour of web/YouTube usage. On 3G the entire time, and NOT in Smart Battery mode!

Kudos!

Downside:

2) the update OBLITERATED SIP/VoIP usage... SIPdroid force closes constantly, and I had to uninstall it... nit much better with SipAgent and Linphone.
    One of those two, I had the client open, screen timeout locked, and I could never unlock the phone again. screen was black, hitting the power button did nothing, and I actually had to pull the battery to restart it.

Not to sound ungrateful, but any way to revert back? This makes the phone semi-unusable for me...I need VoIP for access to my PBX for work...

T

This was a "minor" update which was officially sent out to 1000 people on May 13(some other people got it earlier when they were testing the push setup).

In the following 3+ weeks we have not gotten ANY idea of how close they are to providing this minor update to the rest of us(after they fix the bugs that were reported).

Some of the earlier testers have had so many issues that they requested a way to "roll-back" and as of right now, there has not been any public announcement of how they could do that

It is making my confidence on them getting the MAJOR upgrade to 2.1 out anytime soon drop like a stone.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

The official thread on the motorola forums is 33 pages long and is at:
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0

wish i had the phone alot earlier

I got my phone on around May 1st and i did receive the update on the 13th, i just wished i have gotten my phone a lot earlier so i would of played with it alot more so i could of seen some differences. the only difference i have really seen would be my battery life is better than when i fist got the phone, and it does lag sometimes but then it runs fine. just wish i can be more helpful since I'm new to

I want a freaking update 2.1 please!!! or maybe 2.2 if the developers feel like doing their jobs...

^ agreed!

Are we EVER going to get rooted to 2.2? even the iphone has 2.2...
    Yep, the iPhone runs Android 2.2, too -- Engadget

Ok, now seriously. Are you going to keep posting this in every single thread on the forum?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links