Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release

This is a discussion on Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; As we all know Google has been releasing Android updates at an extremely fast pace. Long gone are the days in the cell phone industry ...

Thread: Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release

Admin

Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release

As we all know Google has been releasing Android updates at an extremely fast pace. Long gone are the days in the cell phone industry where updates seem to happen once a year or worse.... Google has released two major updates in a 6 month period and shows no signs of slowing down. The biggest area that Google is going to improve upon in the next release seems to be in the user experience department.

What can we expect from that? Well, our hope is that Google is able to find a ton of small areas to make things more streamlined and intuitive. Why make something take 5 steps if you can do it in 3 without overloading the user with a ton of choices or buttons?

There are a million ways to improve the user experience and Google only needs to find the most glaring to make a huge impact on your daily use.

Source: Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release - Android Forum

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good for future android users, but seems kind of strange to post this on a Backflip forum. We're still waiting on 2.1. It's doubtful that we'll ever get 2.2, let alone 3.0 or beyond. Even if we did, there is zero chance that it wouldn't come with Motoblur. Google can work as hard as they want on Android's UI, but this is not particularly relevant to Backflip owners.

Admin is just taunting us with FroYo news.
    Tasty, tasty FroYo, always out of reach.
    Taunt. Taunt.

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for eclairs.
    Creamy, chewy, chocolaty eclairs.
    Waiting. Waiting.

Not that cupcakes totally suck.
    Cakey, iced cupcakes.
    With mint frosting.

Such a shame somebody blurred on our cupcakes.
    Blurry cupcakes taste of cat fur.
    Just like mom used to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Admin is just taunting us with FroYo news.
    Tasty, tasty FroYo, always out of reach.
    Taunt. Taunt.

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for eclairs.
    Creamy, chewy, chocolaty eclairs.
    Waiting. Waiting.

Not that cupcakes totally suck.
    Cakey, iced cupcakes.
    With mint frosting.

Such a shame somebody blurred on our cupcakes.
    Blurry cupcakes taste of cat fur.
    Just like mom used to make.
    :confused: :rofl3::rofl3:

Also, it was technically gingerbread news. Just sayin...

Flash on Froyo

Hi fellow BackFlip owners,
    I just read an article over @ Wired News that talks about Flash Player 10.1 coming out. It says that phones that are shipped with or upgraded to Android 2.2 "Froyo" will be able to install Flash Player 10.1. In my opinion I think that Flash will drain resources on smartphones. Of course the way the market is going by the time Froyo ships the new phones that are out will probably be faster than the laptop I am typing this on .

The article also talks about the new Flash Player eventually being ported to BlackBerry, Symbian, WebOS, and Windows Mobile/Phone. I find it interesting that they will support WebOS and Windows Mobile/Phone platforms, but only Android 2.2.

What does everyone else think?

There may be underlying reasons why it only works on Android 2.2. If I were guessing, I'd say something in the graphics stack.

Flash 10.1 is already in the Market, and those with N1's who have upgraded to Froyo can install it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links