AT&T sending free Microcells to "Valuable Customers"?

This is a discussion on AT&T sending free Microcells to "Valuable Customers"? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; AT&T has been plagued with cellphone reception issues since Martin Cooper has been in diapers. Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's certainly ...

Thread: AT&T sending free Microcells to "Valuable Customers"?

AT&T sending free Microcells to "Valuable Customers"?

AT&T has been plagued with cellphone reception issues since Martin Cooper has been in diapers. Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's certainly not any fun for those AT&T customers who have crippling reception in their home or place of work. Recognizing these issues in early 2009, AT&T released the 3G MicroCell, a mini-cellphone tower, if you will, that boosts your cellphone and 3G reception at a fixed location.

Now, Engadget is reporting that AT&T may be sending out free 3G MicroCells to customers it deems "valuable." Giving out free stuff certainly doesn't sound like AT&T's usual self, so what is going on here? It could be that AT&T is fed up with those reception complaints, and as an act of benevolence (or submission?), are giving out MicroCells to customers who have expressed their dissatisfaction in the past. It could also be a one-last-pitch to keep a customer on an expiring contract to renew their service with AT&T. Either way, who doesn't like free stuff? Check out the letter that an Engadget contributor received, along with his MicroCell:

So, have you received a free AT&T MicroCell? And if so, are you on an expiring contract, or have voiced a complaint about your phone service in the past? Let us know.

Source Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow, free stuff would be great! My coverage is pretty good though, so i'm guessing I wont be on the short list.

I get terrible reception at home! I want in on this offer!

I havent gotten anything like this (and I've been with AT&T basically since they 1st started, way back before even cingular bought them out) But then again, Ive also never had any reception problems, and never had any complaints at all about my service. I get 4-5 bars pretty much everywhere I ever go.

im going to call 611 and tell them i have terrible service with in my home, see what happens ill tell you later haha

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links