What data plan do you have?

This is a discussion on What data plan do you have? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; What data plan do you have?...

View Poll Results: Mac or PC

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

9 14.75%
  • PC

39 63.93%
  • Both

11 18.03%
  • Neither

2 3.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What data plan do you have?

dandroid

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Keeping my unlimited plan. Currently not going over 100mb a month thanks to much Wifi use, but that could possibly change in the future, so I'll just keep my plan.

I immediately went down to the 200MB plan and have no regrets. Saving $30 a month (my wife also has a data plan) adds up pretty quickly ($360 a year).

If I go over one statement, I can always retroactively bump my plan for that month up to 2GB (as long as I am paying attention to my usage) and still save $5 compared to my old plan.

dandroid
    What happens when you go over your 200mb? Does it send you a notice and let you know when your getting close? Does it automatically bump you up to the 2gb limit?

I believe Dan that you have to proactively change your plan yourself. Otherwise ATT will just charge you for overage (or sell you another bucket as the case may be).

im keeping my unlimited too. i have wifi in the house but i really dont use it mutch, i guess im just too lazy to turn it on on my phone. so with that said i used almost 3 gb last month and i dont teather

WERA689
    I'm keeping my unlimited data plan too...just to keep my options open for tethering and such.

Still have my unlimited plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    What happens when you go over your 200mb? Does it send you a notice and let you know when your getting close? Does it automatically bump you up to the 2gb limit?
    Yeah, my understanding is that with the 200mb plan, if you go over, you continue getting 200mb chunks for $15 each (so $30 total that month for 400mb, etc). With the 2gb plan ($25 base price), you get additional 1gb chunks for $10 each. As far as I know, you don't get a text message or anything saying you are close to your limit, but these plans are pretty new so I don't really know for sure. But there is an android app that ATT put on the market that you can use to easily check your current data usage from your phone.

But the nice thing about the plans is that it seems as long as you check your usage before your statement ends, you can retroactively change your plan for that statement. When you change the data plan, you have the options to apply the change retroactively to the entire current statement, apply the change immediately (I believe previous and new plans are prorated for the portion of the month they apply to), or apply the change starting at the begging of your next statement.

keeping my unlimited.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links