Motorola Milestone XT720 available online, unlocked, for $599

This is a discussion on Motorola Milestone XT720 available online, unlocked, for $599 within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; It's been a long time coming, but the Motorola Milestone XT720 is finally available to US consumers. After floating around for awhile in Asia, the ...

Thread: Motorola Milestone XT720 available online, unlocked, for $599

Motorola Milestone XT720 available online, unlocked, for $599

It's been a long time coming, but the Motorola Milestone XT720 is finally available to US consumers. After floating around for awhile in Asia, the XT720 has come stateside, as a quad-band unlocked "world" smartphone. Specifically, the XT720's 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM bands will be compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, and Fido, as well as many international carriers. The Milestone XT720 is currently available through Newegg ($599.99 with free shipping).

And if you're not familiar with the XT720's technical specs, they will fall right in between those of the Droid 1 and Droid X. According to Newegg, the XT720 is packing a 720 Mhz ARM Cortex A8 processor, 8MP camera w/720p video recording, 3.7" 854x480 LCD screen, 512MB ROM, 512MB RAM, microSD slot (up to 32GB), and Android 2.1 with MotoBlur (different skin than found on the Droid X). This certainly may not appeal to Verizon customers who are spoiled with the likes of the Droid X and Incredible, but would be a nice choice as an unlocked phone for AT&T and T-Mobile.

Do note, that Newegg is referring to the XT720 as the Milestone 2, but I think that is a mistake, and not Motorola's intention for the XT720 to be the Milestone's sequel.

There is also an "older" version of the XT720 available on Expansys USA ($489.99 + $10.95 shipping). This version, which mirrors the one found in Asia, has a slower 550Mhz Arm Cortex A8 and only 256MB RAM. It will be worth contacting Expansys USA to see if they are stocking the updated one, or just the "older" version.

Check out our dedicated forum for the XT720 here: Motorola Milestone XT720 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Source: Newegg, Expansys USA, Motorola

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

is this phone not 3g capable?? i cant find more specs on it except for on newegg and it dosen't give any wcdma bands

Quote Originally Posted by kschumake83 View Post
    is this phone not 3g capable?? i cant find more specs on it except for on newegg and it dosen't give any wcdma bands
    sadly, i do not know at this time. probability doesn't seem too good though...

dandroid
    Not sure if it will work with AT&T at 3G speeds. Expansys USA shows it only to work with tmobile @ 3G. I just sent an email to Motorola's support so we'll see what kinda response we get

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links