Dell Streak slated to receive Android 2.1 Update in September

This is a discussion on Dell Streak slated to receive Android 2.1 Update in September within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; It's been made official. According to Engadget, the UK version of the Dell Streak (carried by O2) will be receiving an Android 2.1 update sometime ...

Thread: Dell Streak slated to receive Android 2.1 Update in September

Dell Streak slated to receive Android 2.1 Update in September

It's been made official. According to Engadget, the UK version of the Dell Streak (carried by O2) will be receiving an Android 2.1 update sometime in September. This news is both good and bad, as it seems that Dell has reneged on its original plan: to skip 2.1 entirely and release 2.2 (FroYo) in September. But at least Dell is planning on updating its devices (which are currently stuck with the archaic Android 1.6). It is safe to assume that the Dell Streak won't see the FroYo update until at October the earliest, and as such would be one of the last "high-end" smartphones to receive the 2.2 update. There is no word on updates for the unlocked Streaks supplied in the US by AT&T, however, Engadget believes the 2.1 update will roll out around the same time as its UK brother. And since the update had already been sent to Engadget to preview, there's a bit of hope that a 2.1 build will eventually leak for the dev/root community to enjoy.

So, the Streak will be packing all the goodies found in Android 2.1, including all the application and graphical enhancements, like 3D gallery, improved Contacts and Dialer. Also included will be 720p video recording and a much revamped keyboard. Engadget went in great detail on the upcoming changes for the Dell Streak. Hit the source link to read more about the update, and to watch a preview video.

via Phandroid
    source Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I like the look of the streak but the word dell puts up a red flag for me and it has the snapdragon processor and not the Hummingbird, Other than that it seems like a nice phone. I wonder how the sales on this phone will do against the samsung captivate? I like that 5 inch screen and the 8.1 mp camera with flash but i think the captivate will do better in sales

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links