Phone Dilemma;I have the First Iphone but want the Backflip... need opinions etc.

This is a discussion on Phone Dilemma;I have the First Iphone but want the Backflip... need opinions etc. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by iTylerA One of the biggest differences you'll notice moving from the original iPhone to the Android OS, (besides the nearly unlimited customization ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone Dilemma;I have the First Iphone but want the Backflip... need opinions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    One of the biggest differences you'll notice moving from the original iPhone to the Android OS, (besides the nearly unlimited customization options) is the ability to multitask. Being able to go from one program to another without having to start it all over. Which means if you're on the web, in facebook, in the market all at the same time, whenever you switch from one app to another, it will be right where you left it. That's because while you're in one task, the other tasks don't close, they just move to the background.

While it is a handy feature to have, having so many background processes running takes away from phone resources, which could result in lag, and the increase in resources used, can start to drain the battery faster. Using a task manager, you can completely close the programs you're done with, or you can just end the all if you're not going to be using the phone for a while.
    hmm i see. is the phone basically self explanatory?

hope its not complex lol. cause the way yall make it sound im going to be draining battery when trying to master the phone haha

No the phone is really easy to work with. I've never actually had a question on how to use the phone itself, everything is clear and gives you lots of options to get to the things you want. You won't drain battery trying to figure out the phone, you'll drain battery not wanting to put the phone down. I spent like my first week sitting next to a wall (charger) lol.

I'm kinda in the same situation you are in! May I suggest you check out the BackFlip Forum. It is specifically designed for BackFlip owners and those seeking info about it. you will find out a lot over there.

Good Luck!

ok just got the phone....whats the best settings i put for my battery?

I kept mt battery on performance mode and just made sure to kill background tasks, I'm assuming the best would be smart mode. The screen us way too dim on saber mode. I'm sure it can be adjusted, but I don't like to change battery profile settings

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

The backflip had horrible battery use at first but since the 13.37 update the battery use is enough to get me through the day with my normal activities like some short gaming through the day, a few phone calls, checking email here and there and just playing with the phone in general to find cool new apps and such. I think battery performance may be even better under 2.1.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Oh it is better.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

I went to the Captivate from an iPhone 3GS and IMHO, the Captivate if a much better phone.

In my case the Captivate is much faster than my iPhone and the screen is much larger and better looking.

In the end they both do the same things but the Android is much more customizable.

The one thing I don’t like about Android is not being able to copy and paste from emails. It still boggles my mind that this feature is missing.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBeta View Post
    The one thing I don’t like about Android is not being able to copy and paste from emails. It still boggles my mind that this feature is missing.
    It works fine in K-9 Mail.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    It works fine in K-9 Mail.
    I found a couple of ways around it but it should work natively.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links