Phone Dilemma;I have the First Iphone but want the Backflip... need opinions etc.

This is a discussion on Phone Dilemma;I have the First Iphone but want the Backflip... need opinions etc. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; and have had it for a little over a year. Bought it off my stepdad for a 100 dollars. I like it and all but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone Dilemma;I have the First Iphone but want the Backflip... need opinions etc.

Phone Dilemma;I have the First Iphone but want the Backflip... need opinions etc.

and have had it for a little over a year. Bought it off my stepdad for a 100 dollars. I like it and all but the battery life now is horrendous and it seems i need to bring my charger everywhere just for it to last all day. I been reading up on the Backflip and very interested in this phone. I like what i've read so far but i have also heard mixed reviews about the battery life; but i do need an upgrade. So basically, i need to know if i should switch from the FIRST iphone to the Backflip(if its really worth it). Im eligible for an upgrade and can get a refurbished one for free with a contract extension. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you looked into it, then go for the Backflip. If you want something with a slightly bigger screen and don't need a physical keyboard, then you should get the Aria. You won't be disappointed.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

thanks man.

anybody else able to drop some advice?

dandroid
    Is price a concern? What features are you wanting in a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Is price a concern? What features are you wanting in a phone?
    price really isnt a concern. Im trying not to overuse the apps and all that. Just texting, email, occasional web browsing, few cool apps and what not. I overdid with my first iphone, jailbroke it, would browse the web immensely and figured that's why my battery life is horrendous. I just want a reliable smartphone that has a good battery life and physical keyboard.

Well if you want a physical keyboard then the Backflip is it. It's a slightly smaller screen, but definitely more features, physical keyboard is fine, although, before you decide that, you should try out Swype. I found myself using the keyboard a lot less once I picked up Swype. Battery lie isn't bad, especially with the right settings. and like every true smart phone, it isn't built in, so you can always replace it. if you decide price is no object and u can live without the keyboard, then the aria or the captivate are a better suit.

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    Well if you want a physical keyboard then the Backflip is it. It's a slightly smaller screen, but definitely more features, physical keyboard is fine, although, before you decide that, you should try out Swype. I found myself using the keyboard a lot less once I picked up Swype. Battery lie isn't bad, especially with the right settings. and like every true smart phone, it isn't built in, so you can always replace it. if you decide price is no object and u can live without the keyboard, then the aria or the captivate are a better suit.
    whats the breakdown for the best settings available, because i'll be recieving it monday or tuesday. moreover, im a pedestrian to the Android type.

If you're not big on motoblur, then smart mode or the batt saver option are for you. Having a good task manager to end all tasks when you aren't using the phone helps as well, along with turning off wifi and gps when not in use

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    If you're not big on motoblur, then smart mode or the batt saver option are for you. Having a good task manager to end all tasks when you aren't using the phone helps as well, along with turning off wifi and gps when not in use

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk
    props.yeah i heard motoblur is for FB, myspace twitter. I have fb and myspace and hell no way i have a twitter! but yeah i rather just use the internet for social sites, feel me. and whats all this task manager about???

One of the biggest differences you'll notice moving from the original iPhone to the Android OS, (besides the nearly unlimited customization options) is the ability to multitask. Being able to go from one program to another without having to start it all over. Which means if you're on the web, in facebook, in the market all at the same time, whenever you switch from one app to another, it will be right where you left it. That's because while you're in one task, the other tasks don't close, they just move to the background.

While it is a handy feature to have, having so many background processes running takes away from phone resources, which could result in lag, and the increase in resources used, can start to drain the battery faster. Using a task manager, you can completely close the programs you're done with, or you can just end the all if you're not going to be using the phone for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links