Dell Aero Launches on AT&T Today!

This is a discussion on Dell Aero Launches on AT&T Today! within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; We would like to be the first to welcome the new Dell Aero to AT&T's expanding lineup of Android Phones. The dell is available today ...

Thread: Dell Aero Launches on AT&T Today!

dandroid

Dell Aero Launches on AT&T Today!

We would like to be the first to welcome the new Dell Aero to AT&T's expanding lineup of Android Phones. The dell is available today for $99 with the typical 2 year contract/agreement and $299 without. Here's a quick recap of the specs:

• Android platform complete with Android Market and Dell user interface enhancements
    • 3.5-inch (640 x 360p) capacitive multi-touch display with pinch-to-zoom functionality
    • Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    • Tri-Band UMTS/HSDPA (850/1900/2100 MHz)
    • WiFi + Bluetooth
    • 2 GB* on board user accessible Micro SD with expandable memory available up to 32 GB*
    • Full HTML Browser with Adobe Flashlite
    • GPS/A-GPS navigation
    • POP, IMAP, Webmail and Microsoft Active Sync E-mail

“The Dell Aero is built with a focus on style and performance to help people find new ways to connect with friends and express themselves socially supported by the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network.” – Ron Garriques, president, Dell Communication Solutions
    Now to the bad part of the announcement. The phone comes with Android 1.5. I'll repeat that just to make sure you understood me correctly. This phone has Android 1.5! It's so frustrating to see a new Android Phone coming to AT&T with software that is completely obsolete. As far as we know, there has been no mention of an update coming either.

That version of Android is a deal breaker for me, let us know your thoughts in the Dell Aero Forum.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Perfect Article for Dell to read

Especially firmware that old.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links