My First Impressions of AndroidÖ

This is a discussion on My First Impressions of AndroidÖ within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Iím coming from an iPhone. Itís my only Apple product so consider that in my little evaluation of my new Samsung Captivate. Wow, this thing ...

Thread: My First Impressions of AndroidÖ

My First Impressions of AndroidÖ

Iím coming from an iPhone. Itís my only Apple product so consider that in my little evaluation of my new Samsung Captivate.

Wow, this thing is way faster than my iPhone 3G. I even compared the Captivate to the iPhone 4 in the AT&T store and itís still faster. It can do everything my iPhone can do and some things it canít.

Iím a tinkerer and the iPhone is closed that it makes that impossible without jail breaking the dang thing. Android is so much more customizable even with all the AT&T obstacles. I side loaded the Angry Birds beta without having to root the phone and it worked perfectly the first time. I may root at some point (probably to get rid of some of the bloat-ware) but I like that I donít have to in order to get the phone to do what I want.

While Iíve had it a few weeks, Iíve only really been using it for 10 days or so, but even so I much prefer it over my iPhone, which my wife not uses. We were out to dinner this weekend and she forgot her phone and used my Captivate to look something up. She commented that she saw why I liked this phone so much. She said it was much faster and more responsive. :rofl3:

Just a couple of random thoughts from a reformed iPhone user. :D

Mike

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good for you, and a good review. Even though the Backflip isn't close to being anywhere near the top tier of Android phones I still am happy I went with it and not the iPhone.

Business vs fun

Mike,
    do you rely on you phone for calendar and appointments? Hows it work in that area? what are you using to sync appointments and calendar events?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric110 View Post
    Mike,
    do you rely on you phone for calendar and appointments? Hows it work in that area? what are you using to sync appointments and calendar events?
    I do use it for calendar and appointments but it's a stand alone. I don't sync it with my laptop so I don't use a sync program.

Mike

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links