Motorola Flipout Dead? Before Release?

This is a discussion on Motorola Flipout Dead? Before Release? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; And just remember what Schmidt said to the press lately about "stock" Android: Google's Schmidt says requiring stock Android would violate 'the principle of open ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorola Flipout Dead? Before Release?

And just remember what Schmidt said to the press lately about "stock" Android:

Google's Schmidt says requiring stock Android would violate 'the principle of open source' -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    That was intended to be sarcasm. I guess I failed.

Anyway, yes all of the social networks have apps with widgets, one of the things I like about Motoblur however, is that it is nice to have everything blended together. I know that some people won't accept anything other than vanilla Android, to which I just suggest then to get a Google Experience phone, if that is what you want.
    Sorry I guess I missed the sarcasm. Text is not a good medium for it, in the future maybe use [Sarcasm][/Sarcasm].

Android was intended to be open source, not gummed up by proprietary bs and locked down with a booby-trapped SPL. If you like Motoblur, or Touchwiz, or Sense, that's fine. But if you want the real Google experience, you should be able to opt for it no matter what Android phone you buy.

Sorry about the thread-jacking

Quote Originally Posted by toebee97 View Post
    Sorry I guess I missed the sarcasm. Text is not a good medium for it, in the future maybe use [Sarcasm][/Sarcasm].

Android was intended to be open source, not gummed up by proprietary bs and locked down with a booby-trapped SPL. If you like Motoblur, or Touchwiz, or Sense, that's fine. But if you want the real Google experience, you should be able to opt for it no matter what Android phone you buy.

Sorry about the thread-jacking
    That isn't true though. Android was and is intended to be open to the hardware manufacturers and phone carriers to do with what they want. That openness means that they can put their own UIs and apps on the phone. It was never intended to be open for the customer. There are some phones which are pretty much just stock Android, the "Google Experience" phones such as the original Droid, the G1, and the Nexus One (which is now a developer phone), but it's not a requirement.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    That isn't true though. Android was and is intended to be open to the hardware manufacturers and phone carriers to do with what they want. That openness means that they can put their own UIs and apps on the phone. It was never intended to be open for the customer. There are some phones which are pretty much just stock Android, the "Google Experience" phones such as the original Droid, the G1, and the Nexus One (which is now a developer phone), but it's not a requirement.
    You misunderstand me. I said you should be able to opt for stock android if you choose to. That means if they ship with Blur or TW or whatever that's fine. But I feel like I should be able to switch from TW to stock Android without having to root and flash. The option should be there is all I'm saying.

Hard to talk about Android phones and not talk about the need for a stock Android option huh?
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Appears that the Flipout isn't dead after all... ATT just announced it... Twitter

Announcing 3 new #Android smartphones from Motorola : BRAVO, FLIPOUT & FLIPSIDE. Check out hands on video w/ FLIPOUT: YouTube - Hands On: Android Powered Motorola FLIPOUT from AT&T

Motorola Bravo
    Motorola Flipout
    Motorola Flipside which could be a replacement for the Backflip.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links