AT&T Launches Motorola Bravo, Motorola Flipside and Motorola Flipout

This is a discussion on AT&T Launches Motorola Bravo, Motorola Flipside and Motorola Flipout within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Get ready AT&T Droidheads! We have three new phones coming to the AT&T Android lineup this fall. The Motorola Flipout will be available for $79.99 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Launches Motorola Bravo, Motorola Flipside and Motorola Flipout

dandroid

AT&T Launches Motorola Bravo, Motorola Flipside and Motorola Flipout

Get ready AT&T Droidheads! We have three new phones coming to the AT&T Android lineup this fall. The Motorola Flipout will be available for $79.99 with a two service agreement and 2 year smartphone data plan beginning October 17. Motorola Bravo will be available for $129.99 with a two service agreement and 2 year smartphone data plan in AT&T stores, online and in business channels by this holiday period. Motorola Flipside will be available for $99.99 with a two service agreement and 2 year smartphone data plan in AT&T stores, online and in business channels by this holiday period.

MOTOROLA BRAVO

BRAVO offers the power of Android, an 800 MHz processor and a large screen all in a compact design. The device features a 3.7-inch full WVGA touch screen experience, enhanced Web-browsing and entertainment while on the go. With a 3-megapixel camera with digital zoom and auto focus, customers can catch memorable moments to share with one-touch social media uploads to Facebook®, MySpace, Picasa™ and PhotoBucket®. Motorola BRAVO is a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) enabled device, so customers can stream, store and share entertainment with multiple devices around the home—including PCs, TVs and other mobile devices using an existing home Wi-Fi network. Get all the MOTOROLA BRAVO™ details at Motorola Bravo Android Smartphone - Coming Soon - Wireless from AT&T.

MOTOROLA FLIPOUT

MOTOROLA FLIPOUT delivers an enhanced user experience, with a stylishly square, affordable and innovative pivot design. FLIPOUT whips open to reveal a full keyboard below its touch screen with a dedicated fifth row for numbers. Users can customize the color to match their mood with Dark Sapphire and Saffron battery covers included in the box for personalization. Additional colors will be available for purchase in AT&T stores and online. Get all the MOTOROLA FLIPOUT™ details at MOTOROLA FLIPOUT.

MOTOROLA FLIPSIDE

MOTOROLA FLIPSIDE enables users to seamlessly manage their work and personal life. With a full slide-out QWERTY keypad, FLIPSIDE's 3.1”-inch high-res HVGA display supports pinch to zoom gesturing, while the laptop-like track pad provides an alternative way to navigate with one hand while keeping your fingers off the screen. Users can stay connected to work with full push corporate e-mail, support for Microsoft® Exchange, unified inbox and enhanced features for IT compliance like remote wipe and password enforcement. Get all the MOTOROLA FLIPSIDE™ details at Motorola Flipside Android Smartphone - Coming Soon - Wireless from AT&T.

Enhanced MOTOBLUR

MOTOBLUR is Motorola's exclusive experience that syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more — from your favorite social media sites, work and personal e-mail, and last.fm — and automatically delivers them to the home screen. MOTOBLUR can locate or remotely wipe lost or stolen devices, MOTOBLUR can also automatically restore a user's contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations and e-mail with one username and password.

The new and enhanced MOTOBLUR functionality and features include:

• Filter social networking and Messages widgets – filter by social networking account, by contact(s) or by contact group to only see the information you want.
    • Screen customization – move and resize preloaded widgets on up to seven home screens
    • Battery Manager – manage battery consumption by operating in one of three performance modes
    • Personal and Corporate e-mail – pushed directly to the device
    • Improved social networking functionality – Retweet, like Facebook comments and more

Source: AndroidCentral.com

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Flipout is basically the Backflip?....no info on what these phones will be running?...2.1...2.2....1.5?

To be honest though they don't look all that appealing to me, the Bravo maybe but I would rather the Captivate.

See the links. All 3 phones are launching with Android 2.1. The Flipout and Flipside are basically the same internals, just different form factors. I believe the specs are slightly improved over the Backflip. The Bravo has better specs than the other 2, but is still slower than the Captivate.

The 2 Flip' phones are definitely mid-ranges, but the Bravo I think would be upper mid-range or lower top-end.

From the Youtube video that ATT has posted, they also appear to have multi-touch.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

D'oh......I didn't scroll down far enough to see the details....

I know AT&T does want anything to compete with iPhone but I'm not impressed at all. Another set of 3 Android starter phone. I was hoping to see some spec in the 900mhz range. And still no improvements with battery life. Disappointing...

*sigh* That argument gets old though. The Captivate competes with the iPhone. I would suspect that the Blackberry Torch would also, though I've never owned a BB never really followed them much.

Not every phone has to be a high end smartphone. Some people want a cheap smartphone that they can use and don't necessarily plan to use it as a gaming platform or some high end computing device. It's just like all the stupid threads we get here asking if ATT will force someone to get a data plan because daddy is buying them a texting phone and they want the Backflip to text but don't want data (I know, I know). There is a market for those phones.

Also, the other carriers HAVE to release really top end Android (or WinMo, or whatever) devices because they DON'T have the iPhone. ATT has the iPhone which has become a "status symbol" and bait for sheep. They've got that base covered and can afford to introduce lower end Android phones to cover the rest of the market, but I do think they realize that those who don't buy into the Apple walled garden concept (those like us) do have a want for higher end phones, such as the Captivate. We'll see how things play out.

The Blackberry Torch would be a high end phone, but it's laggy and Engadget says it sucks.

The Bravo looks pretty good and is the same price as the Aria with better specs so that one looks good. I wonder what kind of battery's in there and how "improved" Motoblur is.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

The "improved" Motoblur I suspect is just their Android 2.1 version of Motoblur which has some additional widgets and allows some widgets to be resized. Also has additional Twitter options and such. You can watch the Youtube video ATT put up or dig out the original Youtube video by Motorola for the Flipout which demos it some.

Verizon is getting the iPhone next year which I think will shake things up.

WERA689
    Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    Verizon is getting the iPhone next year which I think will shake things up.
    Despite all the recent reports, I long ago reached the point where I said "I'll believe it when I see it, and not before!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links