This is the worst forum ever.

This is a discussion on This is the worst forum ever. within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by NaplesBill the Captivate was just too buggy and annoying for me LOL... give me 15 minutes. Your Captivate will have zero lag, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is the worst forum ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    the Captivate was just too buggy and annoying for me
    LOL... give me 15 minutes. Your Captivate will have zero lag, perfect gps, and higher benchmarks than any other device on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by toebee97 View Post
    LOL... give me 15 minutes. Your Captivate will have zero lag, perfect gps, and higher benchmarks than any other device on the market.
    Trust me, I did all those fixes. There is some improvement but no miracles. The GPS fix only works if you live where there are a lot of cell towers and a lot of Wireless APs. Where I live, it requires the actual GPS hardware to perform. But this is off topic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    Trust me, I did all those fixes. There is some improvement but no miracles. The GPS fix only works if you live where there are a lot of cell towers and a lot of Wireless APs. Where I live, it requires the actual GPS hardware to perform. But this is off topic at this point.
    Not sure what the at&t gps fix was, but the fix that titles for the t-mobile vibrant was an upgraded, stronger modern.bin

But I agree the gps may be one of the few things the backflip ever had over the galaxy s phones.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant Overclocked to 1.6GHz. Please excuse my Swype.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Any suggestions? I'd love to see things pick up over here, too!

Two things that occur to me...first, the chances of lightning striking twice (as it did with DroidForums.net) are pretty slim at best. That said, there's this: at this point, AT&T has offered only limited support for Android OS. I think we can all agree that, at present, VZW owns the lion's share of Android devices; and likewise, has done MUCH more to promote the OS. So from this I conclude that as ATT's reliance on the iPhones wanes, ATT will expand their Android choices, and with more device owners will come more members.

Ok, those are my thoughts...what are yours, forum?
    Seeing active admins would be a good start. Only one admin reaches into the top 20 posters column, and even I have showed more activity here despite that for several months, I posted only a handful of posts in a month. The one time I had a support related question about the forums, not a single admin bothered to reply. So maybe if you guys were active on the forums it would show you want to have a successful community here.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

WERA689
    Well, at least that one admin is me As for the others, well, this is just a very small part of their forum lives. They prefer to trust us to maintain the day-to-day operations of the places they provide for us. Without them, this place--or any of the fora I Admin for or SM for--wouldn't even be here!

And let me point out, I'm always reachable by PM or email: WERA689@gmail.com I may not get back to you instantly, but I will respond. And for the record, I use a Nexus One, running stock Froyo 2.2.1 On AT&T, of course :D

Anyway, those guys make sure that they provide the leadership needed for each forum...DroidForums, for example, has a MUCH larger staff, and multiple admins. But that forum has 130,000 members, and is growing still! It's kinda a chicken and egg kind of thing.

I expect to be more active in the coming weeks , and especially in the apps forum where having 2.1 will be a big boost.

dandroid
    Hey Guys, we are always working to improve the site. I've been in a middle of a move the last few weeks, and of course always busy with several different projects. I've been more involved with the Droid X lately, but I do have a captivate in my hands now so should be able to help out more.

What about adding active members as staff? jmgib would be an excellent replacement smod for batmania who hanst been on for 2 months. Sadly Tae is never around these days either so it kind of feels like the inmates are free to run the asylum. Just to clarify though, I am not saying to rule with an Iron Fist because that gets young communities like this, nowhere fast. It would just be nice to see staff who take the time to merge double/triple/quadruple posts, posts in the wrong section and so forth.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links