wi fi probs

This is a discussion on wi fi probs within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; i am having some probs with my wi fi connection on my htc aria...for some reason it is no longer picking up my home broadband ...

Thread: wi fi probs

Smile wi fi probs

i am having some probs with my wi fi connection on my htc aria...for some reason it is no longer picking up my home broadband set up...it recognises it but says it is out of range even when i am standing next to it but it will pick up others around the neighbour hood

any ideas

cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Have you tried going into the settings and clearing out the "remembered" networks? Sometimes the settings for a remembered network can get corrupted.

hi dorian thanks for the quick reply

yes i have selected"forget" previously used networks including my own and then have 'reinstalled ' my network but still with no luck

anything else i can try ??

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Hmm. Are you running a custom ROM? If you are, I suggest you back your information up, and reflash your phone. If you aren't, my best thought would still be to back up your stuff and reflash. Reflashing will take care of ANY software bug. It'll also tell you whether your issue is actually a software problem, or if it's a hardware issue that would necessitate warranty repair.

thanks all for your suggestions, my issue has been resolved more by fluke that anything else,there is a setting in the phone where you can select a time period before the phone will switch from wi-fi to mobile, my was set on 'never' and i changed it to 'after 15 mins 'and since then i have been connecting no probs, i dont know if that solved my problem or not or its just a coincidence

also could you tell me what a custom ROM is, where can i read up on it and is it something worth doing

cheers

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links