What's in YOUR Smartphone?

This is a discussion on What's in YOUR Smartphone? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; hey Dorian.. Ur Post over all sorts of processors have been a great help but also confused me a bit.. I was planning to buy ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's in YOUR Smartphone?

hey Dorian..

Ur Post over all sorts of processors have been a great help
    but also confused me a bit..

I was planning to buy Motorola Defy.. but learning that its processor OMAP 3610 lacks GPU.. is bit mind boggling..!!!

M now confused between Htc Salsa and MOtorola Defy (both Mid range phones 14-15k)

plz suggest me the best of these two..or any other in this range

I liked Defy very much its "Life proof" and that seems to b quite compelling
    sreen size is more than htc salsa but it lacks secondary camera..:'(

plz.. help me out of my Misery

also plz state any drawbacks that i should keep in mind.for further future use of any of suggest phone..

Hi Dorian,

I pretty much have the same confusion between HTC Salsa and Motorola Defy,

You already cleared the confusion of Motorola's Claim of a GPU with the OMAP3610, what i wanted to know is can a MSM 7227 be coupled with a Adreno 205 GPU which is there in HTC Salsa (if i am not wrong?)

The Defy is rugged and solid but it doesnt have a dedicated camera shutter button. I believe that the cortex A8 on motorola can handle Gingerbread( do correct me on this if m wrong?)

HTC Salsa looks exceedingly classy when compared to defy but again has a very low internal memory. I am more into what goes on under the hood rather than over it so i am almost convinced for Defy:motorola:.

But wanted a last advice before i go for one...and couldn't find a better place than this

P.S :One last question,which is better Moto Blur or HTC Sen

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    hey Dorian..

Ur Post over all sorts of processors have been a great help
    but also confused me a bit..

I was planning to buy Motorola Defy.. but learning that its processor OMAP 3610 lacks GPU.. is bit mind boggling..!!!

M now confused between Htc Salsa and MOtorola Defy (both Mid range phones 14-15k)

plz suggest me the best of these two..or any other in this range

I liked Defy very much its "Life proof" and that seems to b quite compelling
    sreen size is more than htc salsa but it lacks secondary camera..:'(

plz.. help me out of my Misery

also plz state any drawbacks that i should keep in mind.for further future use of any of suggest phone..
    Well, it's come to my attention that the Defy actually uses a 3630, instead of the 3610 that Motorola advertised. So it DOES have a GPU... the PowerVR SGX530. The Salsa would be a regrettable buy, seeing as it's not a Cortex A8 device. The Salsa is an ARM11 device, and there's not much performance in ARM11, and likely won't see too many software updates...

The chipset in the Salsa is the Qualcomm MSM7227. Much weaker than the Defy's OMAP 3630.

Quote Originally Posted by Spykid View Post
    Hi Dorian,

I pretty much have the same confusion between HTC Salsa and Motorola Defy,

You already cleared the confusion of Motorola's Claim of a GPU with the OMAP3610, what i wanted to know is can a MSM 7227 be coupled with a Adreno 205 GPU which is there in HTC Salsa (if i am not wrong?)

The Defy is rugged and solid but it doesnt have a dedicated camera shutter button. I believe that the cortex A8 on motorola can handle Gingerbread( do correct me on this if m wrong?)

HTC Salsa looks exceedingly classy when compared to defy but again has a very low internal memory. I am more into what goes on under the hood rather than over it so i am almost convinced for Defy:motorola:.

But wanted a last advice before i go for one...and couldn't find a better place than this

P.S :One last question,which is better Moto Blur or HTC Sen
    Also, the information at GSMArena for the HTC Salsa is false. The Salsa is using an MSM7227 which is an ARM11 core with an Adreno 200 (not the 205). It's a much weaker chipset than the OMAP in the Defy. And yes, the Defy can handle Gingerbread without issue.

Personally though, Sense is better than Blur. BUT... you can get rid of blur with a custom ROM.

I would definitely go with the Motorola.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thanx dorian for clearing out the confusion.

I read a little over the web & there were a certain videos of the defy getting crashed when flashed with a custom rom. Is it a regular problem with the defy or comes out rarely...

Every time we remember to say “thank you”, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.

Hey Dorain, Why are not try to write an research on these smart phones, I really amazed while reading this,

which is better - Samsung galaxy I9001 and I9103 (S plus 2011 and R)

hello Dorian, which is better - Samsung galaxy I9001 and I9103 :confused:

single core 1.4 ghz or dual core 1 ghz ? and which has got a better GPU?

one more general doubt... difference better RAM and ROM.. i know this is basic but sometimes I get confused.. pl clarify...

thanks and wish u a happy new year...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links