Samsung announces Infuse 4G For AT&T

This is a discussion on Samsung announces Infuse 4G For AT&T within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Samsung announces Infuse 4G For AT&T Wow! Samsung just announced a new 4G Android Phone coming to AT&T branded with the Samsung Infuse name. The ...

Thread: Samsung announces Infuse 4G For AT&T

dandroid

Wow! Samsung just announced a new 4G Android Phone coming to AT&T branded with the Samsung Infuse name. The new handset is touted with new "Super AMOLED Plus technology that features a 50 percent boost in sub-pixel count, promising improvements both in contrast and outdoor readability". This device will also sport a HUGE 4.5" display that is sure to rival the HTC EVO, Thunderbolt, and Droid X. However since the phone is so thin, it shouldn't feel any larger in the pocket then those other devices. Other features include: 8 megapixel camera, 1.3 megapixel front facing cam, and 1.2GHz single-core Hummingbird processor.

Also noticed the Infuse 4G doesn't actually support 4G. Apparently the device is HSPA+ which means AT&T seems to be going the T-Mobile route.

Source: Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dandroid
    Here are some additional pics:

wow, wOW, WOW. How much will Captivate/FROYOGATE influence potential buyers? Will a dual core phone (Olympus) automatically make it a better choice? Idiots like me want to know!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    wow, wOW, WOW. How much will Captivate/FROYOGATE influence potential buyers? Will a dual core phone (Olympus) automatically make it a better choice? Idiots like me want to know!
    The thing to remember with the dual-core Tegra2 phones like the Olympus, is that while the CPU is better all around, the GPU isn't. The SGX540 in the Samsung Hummingbird is very much a close competitor to Tegra2's GPU. So it's a trade off IMO. The Samsung is the one I want more because it has the GORGEOUS 4.5" S-AMOLED+. I've been spoiled by my Captivate's screen and since they've increased the sub-pixel count there should be no more "checkerboarding" in the details on screen.

Another thing I'm interested to see is what kind of battery life these behemoth phones will have. My guess is not much.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    This will go hand and hand with my lovely Galaxy Tab. Sorry Wera. I love my :nexusx:, but Samsung has wow'd me over.

:cool:

Android Lurker Andrea Cristiano Maietta's Avatar
    This to me seems like a captivate with an overclocked processor and .5 inches more screen so wheres the new?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links