Backflip And X10 To Be Discontinued

This is a discussion on Backflip And X10 To Be Discontinued within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; With all the good news coming from AT&T at CES there was bound to be some bad news sooner or later, and it seems AT&T ...

Thread: Backflip And X10 To Be Discontinued

6 times

Backflip And X10 To Be Discontinued

With all the good news coming from AT&T at CES there was bound to be some bad news sooner or later, and it seems AT&T chose sooner. In a recent report, AT&T is expected to stop sales of their lowest selling Android devices in the coming months. The lack of software updates and low costumer sanctification might be the blame for this move, but AT&T says they are just clearing out the shelves for new better devices to come in (like the one featured in the video above). The two devices being removed from stores are the Motorola Backflip (February 2nd) and the Xperia X10 (March 6th). These dates seem set, so if you are interested in buying one of those devices, then you might want to do that right away before they are both gone.

Source (AT&T Soon to Drop Motorola Backflip, Xperia X10 | Android Phone Fans)

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Hook Em Texas
    Sad but a good thing. AT&T obviously learned a huge mistake in debuting such a crappy phone (support wise). But sadly, I think the only two reason they are embracing the power of Android is

1. The contract coming to an end for Apple
    2. To compensate for lost sales to other carriers that carried more powerful and better Android Phones.

Good thing is AT&T customer will be MUCH happier with the new release of 3 Android workhorses.

That Samsung Infuse is making my Nexus One start to look like loose change. But I will NEVER release my Nexus. Even though the Backflip was my first ever Android phone, the Nexus has truly opened my eyes to the Android OS.

RIP to the Backflip, such a great phone IMPO.

Backflip is my first android also but I can not say I was happy with it. It was okay but very slow. Captivate though, it is a beautiful device. So I do not think I will miss it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links