"Samsung is holding the Android World Hostage"

This is a discussion on "Samsung is holding the Android World Hostage" within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; At least, that's what this article says. I pulled the link from the AT&T message boards. Believable? Laughable? Inquiring minds want to know. AndroidSPIN ...

Thread: "Samsung is holding the Android World Hostage"

"Samsung is holding the Android World Hostage"

At least, that's what this article says. I pulled the link from the AT&T message boards. Believable? Laughable? Inquiring minds want to know.

AndroidSPIN Breaking: T-Mobile Internals Confirm Samsung Is Holding the Android World Hostage

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    That's an interesting read. The Galaxy S hardware is capable of 14.4Mbps downlink, so in theory it _could_ be activated. But I really don't see why T-Mobile would be calling out names. The Galaxy S's baseband radio chipset is the Infineon PMB 5703, which states 14.4Mbps.

If T-Mobile enables it in a ROM update, you can bet it would be something I'd be looking into VERY quickly.

Yey HSDPA+. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    But I really don't see why T-Mobile would be calling out names.
    I can't dispute the technical details. I know nothing about such things. I gather that the source of the story is supposed to be a "deep throat informant". It could be nothing more than water cooler scuttlebutt that he picked up and ran with. Samsung tells Galaxy Class owners (Captivate) that they will release no FROYO before it's ready for prime time. People want to sue AT&T. Now that Samsung is going to release a newer and better (?) Android on the AT&T network, would they delay the push and bank on people ditching their best selling phone for the latest and greatest? This all sounds like a gigantic conspiracy complete with collusion between the carriers and Samsung to get people to buy a new phone every 6 months. Naaaaaaaah.

Well I can say I am so freaking done with Samsung......I don't care how much they hype another phone I am DONE with these slackers!

WERA689
    IMHO, this is nothing but the typical "we're the internet, and we want what we want" mentality at work. Forget that there may be other reasons for the perceived "delay". I've seen it with Microsoft's update to their HD-DVD addon, and I'm seeing it now with Gingerbread for the Nexus One. Simply put, we'll get it when we get it, and no amount of whining and screaming and suing is going to change it! Why? Because we don't have our fingers on the button. They do. Period.

/rant

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links