AT&T Nexus S ??

This is a discussion on AT&T Nexus S ?? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Does anyone know when this could arrive I'm pretty sure it will but anyone have a clue as to when it might?...

Thread: AT&T Nexus S ??

Android Lurker Andrea Cristiano Maietta's Avatar

AT&T Nexus S ??

Does anyone know when this could arrive I'm pretty sure it will but anyone have a clue as to when it might?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    No doubt it'll happen, but when it'll happen is anyones guess. It shouldn't be too long though.

You can still use the Nexus S on AT&T. You will just be without 3G

Android Lurker Andrea Cristiano Maietta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheanzy View Post
    You can still use the Nexus S on AT&T. You will just be without 3G
    I know thats the problem lol

If you get an android without 3g, you might as well get a Crackberry

If your looking at the Nexus S because it has the newest Android software, you might just want to wait. Samsung has a couple nice phones coming out, one of them with the latest Android version, and many others are coming out too.

The Nexus S just doesn't seem worth it. It can't even record HD video, and that's typically a standard nowadays with phones coming out, at least the higher end ones.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by apwhitelaw View Post
    The Nexus S just doesn't seem worth it. It can't even record HD video, and that's typically a standard nowadays with phones coming out, at least the higher end ones.
    Well, the Nexus phones were never intended to be mass market consumer devices, so 720p recording isn't something a dev uses very often... IMO anyway. Most people just want a vanilla android phone and sadly, the Nexus phones are the only ones.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Admin
    The Nexus S is a pretty awesome little phone. You can find out more here, or also at Nexus One/Nexus S Forum - Google Phone Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Well, the Nexus phones were never intended to be mass market consumer devices, so 720p recording isn't something a dev uses very often... IMO anyway. Most people just want a vanilla android phone and sadly, the Nexus phones are the only ones.
    This is what disappoints me. Companies always install their UI over the base UI, whether it is Windows Mobile, or Android, or whatever else. iPhone is iPhone, and it can't be changed. Apple is the only company that makes it so there aren't any UIs on top of it. Windows Mobile, I always enjoyed the different styles of UI's because personally I thought the standard ones were not very good. As for Android, the stock UI is very nice, but companies just add their UI in place. Now, that does go to say that there are some good ones, but some are quite bad. For example, Samsung does a good job with their TouchWiz interface, while Motorola does a near terrible job with MotoBlur. I haven't really seen much of SenseUI from HTC, but it seems pretty nice, and is without doubt at least better than MotoBlur. The other thing is, there is not a UI that unique for each Android device, like Windows Mobile had. Each company has their UI and puts it on all of their Android phones (whether it be Sense for HTC, TouchWiz for Samsung, MotoBlur for Motorola, etc.) and that is all there is.

dandroid
    I personally liked the HTC Sense UI on the HTC incredible and I think for some people it makes the phone more user friendly. I would like to see manufactures give the option to use their UI or stock android.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links