Which Drioid to Purchase?

This is a discussion on Which Drioid to Purchase? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hello fellow AT&T customers. I'm a new member here contemplating joining the Andriod family but wanted a little input as to which Droid on the ...

Thread: Which Drioid to Purchase?

Which Drioid to Purchase?

Hello fellow AT&T customers. I'm a new member here contemplating joining the Andriod family but wanted a little input as to which Droid on the AT&T line of droid phones is REALLY worth buying?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Motorola Atrix is, hands down, the best phone available on AT&T right now.

WERA689
    Both the Atrix and the Inspire are excellent phones. The Atrix has the technology edge, but it's pretty locked down; so if you want to hack it and add custom ROM's, you're probably better off with the Inspire.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Yeah it's really a preference thing. It's kind unfair to just say straight out the Atrix is the best phone out. It is the best specs out no question about that. But Sense 2.0 is incredibly fast. It's hard choice to make if you just looking at them on the computer. Go to an AT&T store play with them a little. Get a feel of them. See which one you like better. Or you can wait till the Inspire comes out and look at all three and decide.

Just fried my backflip in the hot tub guess its time for an upgrade. I'm looking at the atrix and inspire right now and the price difference is making me lean heavily towards the inspire. plus i hated motorola on the backflip so i really dont want another motorola phone. i havent been around here lately but are there any other new phones planned to release soon? will the inspire's specs and hardware be good for a long time?

I'm super happy with the Captivate , having come from the Backflip it was apples and oranges but I do miss the Moto News widget and the touchWiz interface on Samsung is in my opinion quite terrible.

How about thoughts on getting an HTC Inspire 4G now or waiting for the Samsung Infuse 4G?

Quote Originally Posted by quanpham View Post
    i havent been around here lately but are there any other new phones planned to release soon? will the inspire's specs and hardware be good for a long time?
    Sony Ericsson is supposed to be putting out a new android soon that looks pretty nice (x12/arc). From what I understand Sony locks their bootloaders down pretty tight though. Could be a mixed bag on that one.
    On paper the Inspires specs are about average but I hear good things about it. I'll probably switch to it when my Captivate (my 6th one) bites it and ATT has refurbs in their system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Decided to go with the Inspire 4G. Great phone. Still getting use to it. Been on various forums gathering info on the ins and outs of this device. I was thinking about getting the Infuse but from what I've read up about it, it only has a 0.2inch bigger screen than the Inspire. All the other internals are pretty much the same.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links