Amazon App Store May Have Issues With AT&T Android Phones

This is a discussion on Amazon App Store May Have Issues With AT&T Android Phones within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; The Amazon App Store launch is pegged for March 22, says Wired's sources. While the highly anticipated Android app store is expected to bring new ...

Thread: Amazon App Store May Have Issues With AT&T Android Phones

Amazon App Store May Have Issues With AT&T Android Phones

The Amazon App Store launch is pegged for March 22, says Wired's sources. While the highly anticipated Android app store is expected to bring new found competition to the reigning Android Market, with possibly some price wars and exclusive signed app (Angry Birds Rio) heating up competition, AT&T Android phone owners may be left in the lurk.
    Amazon App Store launch pegged for March 22, AT&T Android phones questioned

Electronista reports that while the Amazon App Store looks set gain popularity very quickly when it finally launches, "it may, however, face difficulty gaining traction through Google's own refusal to maintain openness on Android. Carriers like AT&T are allowed to block apps that don't come from Android Market; since Google doesn't allow third party stores within the Market, many AT&T users won't have the option of trying the Appstore, either through the portal app or through the web."
    Many AT&T Android phones also block sideloading capabilities making it almost impossible to put non-Android Market apps on their growing lineup of popular Android phones.
    With just a couple of days to go, we will soon find out. Have a great weekend folks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Side Wonder Machine is your friend.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Android is free though. Freedom comes with the reality that someone may use it to do something you don't agree with. If I give you something and tell you that you can do whatever you want to with it, that means that if you choose not to share it with me or let me use it, then that's still "open". That's the issue at the heart with "open-source". It's not truly open as it has many, many restrictions telling you what you can and cannot do with it.

I do agree though with the spirit of what you are saying though, and ATT has never truly blocked "sideloading" on any of their Android phones by way of ADB. This is just a sensational article trying to stir crap up. I'm sure that anyone who has heard of the Amazon App store and is interested in installing it can figure out how to install it either directly through ADB or by use of something like the Sideload Wonder Machine.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I used Side Wonder Machine to install the appstore app and pulled the cache file for the .apk in SDK and then just SWM it. Playing Rio now and I must tell you this game is MUCH better graphic wise over the original and season. It's a little harder extra steps but it works. Love it.

My G Tab I have it rooted and activated the side load so I'm good on both my devices.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links