What do you generally consider when buying smartphones?

This is a discussion on What do you generally consider when buying smartphones? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hey guys! Here's a simple poll for you asking about your future key buying factors of smartphones. I'd like to basically ask you what improvements ...

Thread: What do you generally consider when buying smartphones?

Red face What do you generally consider when buying smartphones?

Hey guys!

Here's a simple poll for you asking about your future key buying factors of smartphones.
    I'd like to basically ask you what improvements you would like to see in a
    next generation phone, especially on the hardware side.

Smartphone End User Survey

For example in my case, I would like to have a ligter, thinner and a design-wise innovative smartphone.
    Please click on the above link, answer two really really simple yet meaningful questions,
    and freely discuss with me here !!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I look at factors that will dictate how long it will take it to NOT become outdated.
    1) CPU processor - need at least 1 Ghz or you're way behind already
    2) Internal ram - 1 Gb plus. This is cheap stuff for the company to install, so if it isnt there they are probably cutting more corners.
    3) Screen resolution.
    This type of stuff are constantly coming down the pipe, and lately I've seen that it's the carriers that put more limitations on the devices than the phones themselves. So in this catagory you also need to look at carriers.

On the Carrier side you should inquire about:
    4) Good customer service.
    5) Carrier allows downloads of apps from other than the main markets like Google and Apple. This applies mainly to Android users, as they expect to get apps from other places than Google and use the open market structure Android offers the phones. This is user dependent of course, for instance IPhone users seem not to care so much about this, as the IPhone (IOS) has always had limiting of use and ability for the users in this aspect.
    6) Amount of preinstalled software and whether the carrier allows you to remove the useless demos and other crud they have put on your phone. One can almost always find better versions of what the carrier puts on your phone to replace them and having nearly 3 screens filled with stuff you dont use can be very annoying - for 2 years, as you wonder why you signed up for that carrier to begin with.

Availibility
    Design
    Camera
    The network of course is important but I rarely speak on the phone so overall coverage is not key

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links