ATT HTC Inspire mobile question

This is a discussion on ATT HTC Inspire mobile question within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Can i just use my android phone with out tethering with it on ubuntu or Can it work with out tethering it and what app ...

Thread: ATT HTC Inspire mobile question

ATT HTC Inspire mobile question

Can i just use my android phone with out tethering with it on ubuntu or Can it work with out tethering it and what app can i download and anyone use easy tether?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

anyone?

WERA689
    I'm not sure what you're asking here. Tethering, if you have it in your plan, allows you to use a laptop, tablet or some other device online, using the phone as a modem/router. The phone can connect to wifi or the 3G network, whatever's available. Is that what you want to do? Or are you asking if you can boot ubuntu on your phone? If that's what you're wanting to do, I don't think that's possible.

So your saying i need to just get the Tethering package that 4GB for $45.00 but the question i asking i was worry if i get the Datapro that $25.00 a mouth does that come with Tethering?

WERA689
    Sadly, no, it doesn't. I personally don't like this policy one bit, but it is what it is; and the carriers are watching closely for users who tether without the 4GB plan.

Do i need the 15 mouth plan for the android if i going to get DataPro 2GB and how much does it cost if i neeed the tethering package?

WERA689
    Again, not sure what you mean by 15 mouth (month?) plan. But if you want to tether without getting in a bind with AT&T, you have no choice but the 4GB plan. It's the only one that includes "legal" tethering.

I was thinking about the $45.00 4Gb.What 4GB is that the speed you get and what a good tethering is good easy tethering or PDAnet?

WERA689
    No, 4GB is the amount of data you're allowed per month on that plan. Unless you're streaming lots of video, you probably won't be anywhere near that amount most months. PDANet allows USB or BlueTooth tethering, but the 4GB plan w/tethering enables the wifi hotspot feature of the Inspire, which is disabled in their lesser plans.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links