What phone?

This is a discussion on What phone? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi all, I know this may have been asked before but I've got a decision to make this summer. June 6th, my upgrade eligibility starts. ...

Thread: What phone?

Question What phone?

Hi all,

I know this may have been asked before but I've got a decision to make this summer.

June 6th, my upgrade eligibility starts. I have a captivate but Its been a love hate relationship and I'd like to find a new phone, preferably not samsung but the infuse looks so promising. My 3 choices are to get the atrix, the infuse, or wait for the "nice, large-screen side-sliding Android device, coming later this year" as prophesized by an AT&T rep or corporate person or what ever he is. I haven't had a keyboard on android and if this is a good one, I don't want to miss out. But this is all we've heard about this device. Could it be a powerhouse with a big processor or a crapper 600mhz like the backflip. Also, to anyone familiar, how long does upgrade eligibility last?

Thanks for the help if it'll be given.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    It's hard to say, mule. I went with the Atrix, because of the power and (as yet unrealized) potential. I looked at the Inspire, and loved the screen, but it really wasn't any better, hardware-wise, than my Nexus One, outside of the bigger screen. Despite having to replace it once (which can happen with any device), I've been extremely happy with my choice.

Good luck with your decision. And as far as I know, upgrade eligibility does not expire until you use it.

That was one other plus about the atrix, a big battery. Have you rooted it?

WERA689
    I rooted the first one, but had to unroot it to get the updates. I haven't rooted this one, and probably won't either.

Is it difficult to root?

WERA689
    No, actually it's pretty easy. I'm personally not sure it's worth all the added complications with updates and such, though. Using a non-Blur launcher and a sideloading app, you have everything you need to really love the Atrix. But that's just me...

If money doesn't really matter, I'd also go with the atrix. It was either that or the Inspire which I ended up getting because I don't see me needing any of the the dual processing, lap top accessories, and the screen was just too cool. The atrix is solid. It may run you more though, money-wise.

Amazon gives a free upgrade for me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links