AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan

This is a discussion on AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; As you can see in the pic above, AT&T has decided to do away with all of their different tiers of SMS Text messaging plans ...

Thread: AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan

dgstorm

AT&T Dropping All Text Messaging Plans Except their $20 Dollar/Month Unlimited Plan

As you can see in the pic above, AT&T has decided to do away with all of their different tiers of SMS Text messaging plans except for one. They will only keep the $20 dollar unlimited plan from now on. This has been confirmed by an AT&T representative and here is the quote,
    "We regularly evaluate our offers and are making some adjustments to our messaging lineup.

Starting August 21, we're streamlining our text messaging plans for new customers and will offer an unlimited plan for individuals for $20 per month and an unlimited plan for families of up to five lines for $30 per month. The vast majority of our messaging customers prefer unlimited plans and with text messaging growth stronger than ever, that number continues to climb among new customers. Existing customers don't have to change any messaging plan they have today, even when changing handsets."
    I guess for the few users in the world that rarely text message this is bad news, but my guess is that the vast majority of folks out there won't even notice this. What do you guys think?

Source: Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

They gotta come up with 39 billion dollars somehow...
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    I have that unlimited text with mobile to any mobile plan for $20 anyways so I'm not really effected.
    ==Androidfied== HTC Inspire / Samsung Infuse / Samsung Galaxy Tab ==Androidfied==

WERA689
    Same here. It won't affect me either.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links