Need help going from Iphone to Droid

This is a discussion on Need help going from Iphone to Droid within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hello all. This is my first post to forum so be gentle. I am currently and Iphone 4 owner (heavily) jailbroken, but would like to ...

Thread: Need help going from Iphone to Droid

Need help going from Iphone to Droid

Hello all. This is my first post to forum so be gentle. I am currently and Iphone 4 owner (heavily) jailbroken, but would like to see faster internet speeds along with a larger screen. I enjoy the iphone but would like to have a faster 4G experience and also larger screen. I have been attempting to research Droid phones via AT&T and lost with all the postings. Is there one better than the other when looking into a 4 G phone?? What would you recommend and why? How is the phones when tethering? I use mywi a ton on my iphone and tether about 3.5 gigs a month so need for it to work well.

I know this is a dumb question but are the droids hackable in a way the iphone is but for droid platform? Seems like I saw something about modding the phone also.
    Thanks for any help or advice when choosing

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your choice to see the light of Android!

There are only a few options for 4G phones at present. Atrix, Infuse, Thrill, Inspire and Xperia play. I'm partial to the Atrix, and the Infuse would be my second choice of the current crop. But I might wait another couple of weeks to see what Samsung announces on the 11th...a Nexus Prime would be a hands down winner for me! I do have the Atrix now, and since release, and I love it. Great phone, great design, hackable (if you want...I don't).

As for tethering, I tether with my Nexus One...because ATT can't charge me for it on that device. It works fantastic on the Nexus, and I'd expect the same for the Atrix. Just be aware that you have to buy a $45 data plan for 5Gb of data, including tethering use in order to use tether at all. There are hacks that get around that, but they've been getting uncovered by ATT, and they're just moving those that do it to that plan anyway, so...

Good luck with your choice. We'll be glad to help with any questions you may have in narrowing down your choices.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links