Galaxy S II Skyrocket - Text messages going to my Exchange email
Android newb here, lol. Previously iPhone and iPad guy, now using the Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Android 2.3.5. When I setup my Exchange server for my phone I now get all my test messages in my Exchange inbox as well. I use Outlook 2010 in addition accessing my email on my desktop/laptop.
What do I need to do in order to stop the texts going to my Exchange?
12-29-2011 01:44 PM
Fixed using phone settings.
1. Select exchange account from email accounts (if you have multiple email accounts linked).
2. When exchange account opens, open menu (bottom left button on device face)
3. 6 icons listed, select "More", larger selection window pops up, select "Account Settings"
4. Account Settings menu opens. Scroll to bottom of settings page to "SMS sync"
5. UNCHECK the box next to SMS sync (check color now gray instead of green). Box should now read "SMS sync off" under heading. Exit menu.
When I did this, the sms messages disapeared from my email on the phone, however they were still part of my email on my desktop. The good thing was that they were no longer going to my phone. Hope this helps.