ATT Edge Just Works?

This is a discussion on ATT Edge Just Works? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin Alexandria, VA D: 188 / U: 91 @ 9:40pm I took my BB Bold off of my line and ATT forced ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ATT Edge Just Works?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Alexandria, VA
    D: 188 / U: 91 @ 9:40pm

I took my BB Bold off of my line and ATT forced me to take the $30 smart phone plan. Ridiculous but it will have to do until gizmo5 is accepting new users. This phone blows my BB away, i'll never look back.
    You can use Sipdroid with any SIP provider right now. You can buy a Gizmo5 membership from Ebay. I did, it's not so hot - in particular you have to do the Google Voice web dance to display a proper CallerID. Sipgate works a little better.

That is to say they work over WiFi. The G711 protocols are > 70 kbps and are useless over Edge. Sipdroid gives a running display of late and lost packets -over Edge it can tally more than 50% !!

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Alexandria, VA
    D: 188 / U: 91 @ 9:40pm

I took my BB Bold off of my line and ATT forced me to take the $30 smart phone plan. Ridiculous but it will have to do until gizmo5 is accepting new users. This phone blows my BB away, i'll never look back.
    You can use Sipdroid with any SIP provider right now. You can buy a Gizmo5 membership from Ebay. I did, it's not so hot - in particular you have to do the Google Voice web dance to display a proper CallerID. Sipgate works a little better.

That is to say they work over WiFi. The G711 protocols are > 70 kbps and are useless over Edge. Sipdroid gives a running display of late and lost packets -over Edge it can tally more than 50% !!
    Thanks for the tip, i'll have to take a look at ebay. Any idea how long the new user sign up has been down for gizmo5? I haven't read anywhere on these forums about it opening back up soon.

update: wow they are selling gizmo accounts for $6-$10... I may have to look into this right away

When I first purchased the Nexus One I used the T-Mobile network. After approximately 2 weeks of little service and constant draining of the battery, I switched the SIM card with one of my AT&T SIM cards and I immediately noticed the difference in battery life. (I did have an AT&T rep send me a text to let me know they "noticed" my new smartphone and made sure I had the right plan, I already did.)

I just conducted two speed tests from the link provided by Admin. Although I do not get 3G on my Nexus One, I am extremely happy with AT&T Edge Network.

I conducted the same speed test on my iPhone 3GS, same time, same location (Florida).

Nexus One - 111.10kbps; 189.60kbps
    iPhone 3GS - 226.30kbps; 491.90kbps

Hope this helps....

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettohara1 View Post

Nexus One - 111.10kbps; 189.60kbps
    iPhone 3GS - 226.30kbps; 491.90kbps

Hope this helps....
    Wow!! where are you located?

Naples, Florida

So I'm a little confused (which isn't that difficult to do). This $30 data plan that everyone is getting pushed onto by ATT, does that include unlimited texting too? Is it ONLY a data plan, or a unlimited data/text plan? Cause right now I have a BB data plan that costs $30 (from my Bold) and a 1500 text plan for $15 that I'm paying for. Is there anything cheaper I that I can do? Just want to a little more info so I know what I'm talking about when I call up ATT. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    So I'm a little confused (which isn't that difficult to do). This $30 data plan that everyone is getting pushed onto by ATT, does that include unlimited texting too? Is it ONLY a data plan, or a unlimited data/text plan? Cause right now I have a BB data plan that costs $30 (from my Bold) and a 1500 text plan for $15 that I'm paying for. Is there anything cheaper I that I can do? Just want to a little more info so I know what I'm talking about when I call up ATT. Thanks.
    Hey. You should check out my post, #73.

On phone with ATT, doesn't look good so far...

Yep, looks like ATT is aware of the Nexus One, and trying to screw us like usual. As soon as she took my IMEI she asked if she could put me on hold. Looks like they have all N1 IMEI's flagged in the system. It apperantly pops up right away flagging it as a "smartphone", she even knew it was a Google phone. They wouldn't let me get $30 data/text. Have to stick with $30 data + $15 text. Soooooo no savings for me.

Side Note: Well I did save $5 by cancelling my now useless insurance plan. The service rep was extremely nice, she even tried to get the insurance transfered over to the N1 (ofcourse it wouldn't work).

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettohara1 View Post
    Naples, Florida
    Your 3g connectivity is that normal? From your numbers Edge is not far behind your 3g.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links