ATT Edge Just Works?

This is a discussion on ATT Edge Just Works? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by b00sted415 Originally Posted by scarlettohara1 Naples, Florida Your 3g connectivity is that normal? From your numbers Edge is not far behind your ...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: ATT Edge Just Works?

Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlettohara1 View Post
    Naples, Florida
    Your 3g connectivity is that normal? From your numbers Edge is not far behind your 3g.

That was the first time I ever tested the iPhone speed and the N1 for that matter. AT&T service in my area has always been great, however I will continue to conduct tests in the next week and see what I get if that helps.

I believe that AT&T will be improving their services soon especially with the iPad being released in the next month. (I believe S Jobs was smart enough to put it in the contract with AT&T.....ability to handle the additional web browsing traffic.) Anyway AT&T service for me has always been great.

Naples, Florida
    Your 3g connectivity is that normal? From your numbers Edge is not far behind your 3g.

That was the first time I ever tested the iPhone speed and the N1 for that matter. AT&T service in my area has always been great, however I will continue to conduct tests in the next week and see what I get if that helps.

I believe that AT&T will be improving their services soon especially with the iPad being released in the next month. (I believe S Jobs was smart enough to put it in the contract with AT&T.....ability to handle the additional web browsing traffic.) Anyway AT&T service for me has always been great.
    You are lucky the two worst area's to have att&t coverage on 3g is San Francisco and New York , can't wait till they start upgrading their back-end systems and add more towers. Even better will be once 3g is available for our phones on att&t

Just did a test on mine thru the link by the Admin..

103.8kbps

West Las Vegas

That is indoor in my house. Set on 2g/Edge only. Not forcing it to find 3G.

Really Love my N1. Will give it a few months thru at&t and see what happens.. if i dont like it will just go to Tmo and see what it does thru them.

So far thought with AT&T not one droped call (yet)

How do you turn off 3G on the N1. Would love to save battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgstn_22 View Post
    Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> and then check Use only 2G networks

If you have att&t you don't have 3g so no need to turn it off.

I have done it both and keeping the 2G/Edge checked actually gives my battery longer life than it trying to search for the 3G connection.

The phone will still be trying to find a 3G connection, which it will never find..so why use extra battery to find a signal that you will never get. Better to just click on the 2G/Edge and make the battery life longer (and from reading on Tmo ALOT of N1's seem to be going thru quite a bit of battery.. odds are is using 3G).. you want that extra speed, your going to need extra juice.

But then I have no idea how long a Iphone battery last either (since it uses 3G).. so really cannot do any battery test comparisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen View Post
    I have done it both and keeping the 2G/Edge checked actually gives my battery longer life than it trying to search for the 3G connection.
    Wow Interesting I will have to try this tomorrow and see the difference, thank you.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links