ATT Edge Just Works?

This is a discussion on ATT Edge Just Works? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; 78.5 kbps on AT&T's Edge in NYC Originally Posted by Admin Guys, just put a speed test utility up here: Nexus One Speed Test, Provided ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ATT Edge Just Works?

78.5 kbps on AT&T's Edge in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Guys, just put a speed test utility up here:

Nexus One Speed Test, Provided by NexusOneForum.net

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Guys, just put a speed test utility up here:

Nexus One Speed Test, Provided by NexusOneForum.net

Just got 180.1 Kbps on edge with ATT in Shelby Township, MI

4.2 Mbps. Oh wait thats my computer :D

I'll test it when I get my shipment.....tomorrow

just tried this out on my old phone while waiting on my nexus to come in and i got 1364.33 Mbps....something tells me this isnt quite right

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    just tried this out on my old phone while waiting on my nexus to come in and i got 1364.33 Mbps....something tells me this isnt quite right
    No, surely not What phone is it?

HTC Fuze on AT&T 3G

Yes it just works. If you are on the 30.00 PDA data package, you need to call in and get switched to the 15.00 data pack or the 30.00 message/data pack. Don't waste your money paying for the more expensive PDA pack when the cheaper one works just fine. If you have any push back from AT&T customer care than get them to put you through to someone in Tech Support that knows what they are talking about. I work for Sprint care I know how the systems work, since this phone is not in their system it will let them put the non PDA package on their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Yes it just works. If you are on the 30.00 PDA data package, you need to call in and get switched to the 15.00 data pack or the 30.00 message/data pack. Don't waste your money paying for the more expensive PDA pack when the cheaper one works just fine. If you have any push back from AT&T customer care than get them to put you through to someone in Tech Support that knows what they are talking about. I work for Sprint care I know how the systems work, since this phone is not in their system it will let them put the non PDA package on their phone.

So is that what you are using with your n1? Because I was wondering if the internet would work fine with just the 15 dollar plan.

I'd be intrigued by that. Wouldn't it be a violation of their TOS if they burned you doing that and potentially hit you with massive pay per use fees?

Quote Originally Posted by hall355 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

So is that what you are using with your n1? Because I was wondering if the internet would work fine with just the 15 dollar plan.
    That is 100 percent correct. The only reason they force you onto the more expensive packages is to gouge you for more money. The line about different data networks for smart phones is BS.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links