ATT Edge Just Works?

This is a discussion on ATT Edge Just Works? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; 94.1 kbps on Att Edge, Salem, Oregon....

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ATT Edge Just Works?

94.1 kbps on Att Edge, Salem, Oregon.

Same experience, just plugged it in and it worked. Much less of a hassle than the HTC Magic I had. I'm getting normal Edge speeds, mostly 100-150kb per second range.

Just wondering how facebook and such works with just the edge network. Is it fast enough for you and worth the 15/month? And that includes unlimited data correct?

Quote Originally Posted by hall355 View Post
    Just wondering how facebook and such works with just the edge network. Is it fast enough for you and worth the 15/month? And that includes unlimited data correct?
    If you live in a decent area it's not that bad. I had 3g on my Blackjack II before this phone and it was usually garbage, even in downtown Seattle. Edge works decent enough on my N1 for browsing and most apps download fast enough too. If you are already paying for unlimited texting, the unlimited data and text is 30 so really you are only paying another 10 for the edge, totally worth it.

110.90kbps on edge. Chicago, IL

After a few days with it and running ATT edge data, I can confirm that the N1 performs quite well for all data purposes. Most mobile sites come up in a quick and reasonable amount of time. FB, weather, Google maps all work quite well. I'm satisfied.

dic

ATT Edge

ATT sim card works for me on GSM. Did you previously have a data plan with ATT? Just curious as to whether a plan is needed to access Edge or does it just get accessed by default?

Quote Originally Posted by dic View Post
    ATT sim card works for me on GSM. Did you previously have a data plan with ATT? Just curious as to whether a plan is needed to access Edge or does it just get accessed by default?
    I had data plan before and now i have cheaper $15 ($10 with family plan) with me. Now i'm debating i should still stick with AT&T or switch to T-Mobile... 3G + i'm always surrounded by speakers... I hate when Edge triggers beeps through all speakers... but paying $40+ tax per month is unbeatable...

If your phone uses any data, and you do not have a data plan you will be charged. As far as I know ATT does not have any WAP login requirements.

Just performed a speed test and got 96 attention edge. 76180 n richland hills TX. (Dfw).

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links