ATT Edge Just Works?

This is a discussion on ATT Edge Just Works? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have an AT&T prepaid SIM, and pay $20 for 100 MB data per month. Edge download (3 bars) tested at 114 kbps, upload 62 ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ATT Edge Just Works?

I have an AT&T prepaid SIM, and pay $20 for 100 MB data per month. Edge download (3 bars) tested at 114 kbps, upload 62 kbps. In Hudson, MA.

The test used 270 kB, or about $.05. I'm almost always in WiFi range, so 100 MB seems to last.

80.90 kbps on EDGE ... Seattle (in the city)

Quote Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
    I would Highly recommend turning off 3G if you have AT&T only, it saves power by not searching for a 3G signal which will never appear for AT&T.
    I'll do that now! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ploshayc View Post
    edit: installed google voice, playing with it now. Will post results.

So, you can use your number and it shows the messages like visual voicemail, it's free. It should work just fine vs the carrier voicemail.
    ploshayc,

I can't seem to get Google Voice to work as my voicemail ... When I set Google Voice as my voicemail it works then returns: "Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists." Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I just had this issue as I switched to tmobile. My solution was to gotp call settings -> voicemail settings -> log out of Google voice. Then when you log back in it will correct the issue. Let me know if it works for you...
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I just had this issue as I switched to tmobile. My solution was to gotp call settings -> voicemail settings -> log out of Google voice. Then when you log back in it will correct the issue. Let me know if it works for you...
    Just did this and I'm getting the same error ...

I just registered my GF's imei to replace my old iphone imei. They took it and allowed me to get rid of my data package.

Can I use the cheapest family unlimited plan that is $10 a month for data and get edge or do I need the $15 a month plan?

Also,
    Now I want to activate my nexus one. Do I need to register that imei since her phone is part of my family plan? It was not the phone I purchased when we signed the contract. It was just a phone we bought after her old one broke and popped in the sim.

As I recall, the $10/mo plan for data is only available if you get the unlimited SMS (which I think is $20/mo). Otherwise data plan runs $15/mo.

Today I went in to one of the local AT&T stores (not an authorized retailer) and asked the kind gentleman if there was anything I could do about my plan to make it cheaper. He look around my phone (wasn't sure what he was doing) then finally asked me to show him how to get to my SIM settings (he wanted my IMEI, could've just asked in the first place). Anyways, I digress. He fiddled on the computer for a few more minutes then told me that he successfully changed my plan to the $15/month for unlimited data and was able to do so since the Nexus One wasn't in their system. I double checked with him that everything was set up and I have unlimited data and text and he said yes. I got an email from AT&T not too shortly after and it recommended I review my CSS (Cingular Service Summary) by clicking a provided URL. I clicked it. I reviewed it. They had successfully removed my data plan I had with my Blackberry Bold 9000 and it didn't/doesn't appear that I have any data plan at all now (needless to say my EDGE has been working). Soooo I'm going to have to go back in and straighten this out I think ...

Sidenote: My friend was with me who is thinking of making the switch from his iPhone 3GS (AT&T) to the Nexus One and asked if he got the phone if the same thing could be done to his plan and the guy said "it depends on who you get".

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    As I recall, the $10/mo plan for data is only available if you get the unlimited SMS (which I think is $20/mo). Otherwise data plan runs $15/mo.
    Ahh I see thank you.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links