ATT Edge Just Works?

This is a discussion on ATT Edge Just Works? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jdd48 How are these EDGE speeds? Can you download an app for example in a fairly reasonable time? I am dangerously close ...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ATT Edge Just Works?

Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    How are these EDGE speeds? Can you download an app for example in a fairly reasonable time? I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger, and just relying mostly on wifi at home and at the office
    That's what I ended up doing mostly everywhere I go I can connect to the wi-fi for free and not worry about slow connection speeds. . Eventually the Nexus One will be able to support 3g on the att&t network .

Interesting article Nexus One for AT&T's 3G bands likely in the works -- Engadget

I just ran the speed test on edge a whoping 103.70 .

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    LOL, I feel your pain. I got my N1 yesterday and LOVE IT!!! Im coming from a iPhone 3GS and aint missing it. Seriously thinking about selling it and switching to T-Mobile just for the 3G speeds.

It depends on what you are using it for. I just came from a restaurant where I did voice querys, downloaded maps, did Wiki and IMDB lookups, and downloaded a bunch of photos of somebody's favorite TV star. All at about 100 kbps and, since I use ATT prepaid, for a total cost of 4 MB and 45 cents.

But if what you're looking for is the sexiest toy on the block, you're going to be buying a new phone every couple of months. I may envy you, but I'm happy with my N1.

hey all,

im not sure where if this will help anyone, but here it goes.

i got my Nexus One about 2 weeks ago now.

Before i got it i called AT&T and switched my plan from a BB plan to the $30 Unlimited data and text messaging.

Thereafter, i simply plugged in my SIM card and EVERYTHING has been working flawlessly. Internet speeds match those of a 3G phone even in low reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1102 View Post
    Internet speeds match those of a 3G phone even in low reception.

wow

Is EDGE that fast on AT&T or is the 3G speed really low?

Can you run a speed test on your phone and post the results?

its certainly not due to the fact that AT&Ts EDGE network may be "that fast"- its just simply because of the significantly faster processor on the Nexus One. It definitely compensates for the lack of 3G on AT&Ts network.

And yes, i'll post speed test soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    It depends on what you are using it for. I just came from a restaurant where I did voice querys, downloaded maps, did Wiki and IMDB lookups, and downloaded a bunch of photos of somebody's favorite TV star. All at about 100 kbps and, since I use ATT prepaid, for a total cost of 4 MB and 45 cents.

But if what you're looking for is the sexiest toy on the block, you're going to be buying a new phone every couple of months. I may envy you, but I'm happy with my N1.
    Not worried that it's on edge at the moment eventually our phones will be on 3g. If this article is true Nexus One for AT&T's 3G bands likely in the works -- Engadget we are maybe 2-3 months from being on 3g. I use my wi-fi at home and work so not worried at all. I sometimes get really good connection speeds while on edge but like you said it depends what you are using it for. I'm satisfied with what I have at the moment and can not see myself upgrading to anything in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1102 View Post
    Internet speeds match those of a 3G phone even in low reception.

What speeds are you seeing on Edge?

Alexandria, VA
    D: 188 / U: 91 @ 9:40pm

I took my BB Bold off of my line and ATT forced me to take the $30 smart phone plan. Ridiculous but it will have to do until gizmo5 is accepting new users. This phone blows my BB away, i'll never look back.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links