ATT Edge Just Works?

This is a discussion on ATT Edge Just Works? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just got my Nexus One. I put in my ATT SIM and appears to just work. I figured I'd have to mess with some settings. ...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATT Edge Just Works?

ATT Edge Just Works?

Just got my Nexus One. I put in my ATT SIM and appears to just work. I figured I'd have to mess with some settings. Am I going to get a crazy bill because I didn't do something on the config? Seems like on most phones I have to set some funky wap login stuff.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Interesting, I heard it would work fine with AT&T just not with their 3G, so if you have unlimited Edge data I think you'll be fine.

If you could, I would call AT&T and report back here and let us know what they say, very interesting.

If your phone uses any data, and you don't have a data plan you will be charged. As far as I know ATT doesn't have any WAP login requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Interesting, I heard it would work fine with AT&T just not with their 3G, so if you have unlimited Edge data I think you'll be fine.

If you could, I would call AT&T and report back here and let us know what they say, very interesting.
    I have unlimited edge/3g data plan. This SIM was running my HTC WinMo device. I just found it weird that it asked me nothing and right away I could make calls and use Edge. On WinMo phones I've always had to tell it some login info for a proxy.

I thought about calling ATT, but I really can't imagine anyone there will have a clue what I'm talking about. Since I have the unlimited pda data plan I don't see any way I'm not covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I have unlimited edge/3g data plan. This SIM was running my HTC WinMo device. I just found it weird that it asked me nothing and right away I could make calls and use Edge. On WinMo phones I've always had to tell it some login info for a proxy.

I thought about calling ATT, but I really can't imagine anyone there will have a clue what I'm talking about. Since I have the unlimited pda data plan I don't see any way I'm not covered.
    How about running the free app iNetwork Speed Test from the market and reporting your performance?

I'm getting 1051.8071 KBPS on 3G with my AT&T Tilt that has been updated to Eclair.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

on my Nexus 1 using ATT EDGE = 68.78947 KBPS

163 kbps. I tried it on wifi and got 2662 kbps. I'll try it around town a few times and see what speeds I get.

Admin
    Anyone else out there on AT&T please post up your speeds!

...and your locations would also be helpful.
    Rooted Nexus One

Admin
    Guys, just put a speed test utility up here:

Nexus One Speed Test, Provided by NexusOneForum.net

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links