Forking out $530 for the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Forking out $530 for the Nexus One within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I bought mine 2 1/2 weeks ago. I've had Palm, Blackberry and now Nexus One. This is far the best phone I've had. I'm not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forking out $530 for the Nexus One

I bought mine 2 1/2 weeks ago. I've had Palm, Blackberry and now Nexus One. This is far the best phone I've had. I'm not a big fan of the iPhone. I can now talk smack to my friends and tell then I have a superior phones then what they have . I'm on att&t but don't mind edge since my blackberry ran on edge as well. Almost everywhere I go I have wi-fi so it's not bad at all. I'm loving my Nexus One.

I sold my 3G iPhone to buy the Blackberry Bold 9700 and then sold the BB and got the Nexus One a former Google employee was selling right after the announcement. Great phone and love android!! Only problem is the speaker phone stopped working and HTC gave me the runaround about repairing since supposedly was a BETA tester. I got rid of it now using a Nokia N97 and going to buy the Nexus One from Google, since if it needs to be repaired HTC can't deny it.

Ever since they came out with the Nexus for AT&T's 3G I had been planning on getting one. I just had to think of the perfect skeem to get it. Then it hit me! I had been collection some Best Buy gift cards and had $125 worth of them. Plus I had an open contract, so I was free to get any phone I wanted.

So I went into Best Buy and said I want to buy a 3gs and sell it, can I do that? They said sure why not, so I got a new unopened 3gs for $90. First thing I did was ordered the Nexus phone, then post the 3gs on eBay. It went for about $530 with $15 shipping. So after it was all said and done I had a new Nexus for around $100 after fees from eBay and PayPal. Now I just need to get rid of the iPhone data plan and get a regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Ever since they came out with the Nexus for AT&T's 3G I had been planning on getting one. I just had to think of the perfect skeem to get it. Then it hit me! I had been collection some Best Buy gift cards and had $125 worth of them. Plus I had an open contract, so I was free to get any phone I wanted.

So I went into Best Buy and said I want to buy a 3gs and sell it, can I do that? They said sure why not, so I got a new unopened 3gs for $90. First thing I did was ordered the Nexus phone, then post the 3gs on eBay. It went for about $530 with $15 shipping. So after it was all said and done I had a new Nexus for around $100 after fees from eBay and PayPal. Now I just need to get rid of the iPhone data plan and get a regular one.
    Just call them up and give them your new IME and they will flip you over to the "proper" plan, though I doubt it will have any impact at all....

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post

Just call them up and give them your new IME and they will flip you over to the "proper" plan, though I doubt it will have any impact at all....
    If you talk to AT&T Reps, they have an unlimited Text/Data package that's $15/month. They don't tell you that, but they have one That's what I use, and I've used 1500mb of data this cycle with no overages!
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    If you talk to AT&T Reps, they have an unlimited Text/Data package that's $15/month. They don't tell you that, but they have one That's what I use, and I've used 1500mb of data this cycle with no overages!

Apparently not everywhere, nor for everyone, cause I have already tried and been rejected. What service plan do you have?

Apparently not everywhere, nor for everyone, cause I have already tried and been rejected. What service plan do you have?
    I work for AT&T and have the 10 dollar unlimited data plan on my account with my N1, But if you call customer service and tell them your putting it on a N1 they are going to tell you it will not work but it will,
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

I have the Nation 900.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post

I work for AT&T and have the 10 dollar unlimited data plan on my account with my N1, But if you call customer service and tell them your putting it on a N1 they are going to tell you it will not work but it will,
    So should I just call them up and give them my new IME number and say I want the $10 data plan? Since I already have the $30 family text plan. Or should I tell them I lost a bet and had to trade my iPhone for a Samsung Propel?

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post

$10 data plan??? WHAT!!!! i thought the data plan was $30..........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links