iPhone 3GS --> Nexus One Question

This is a discussion on iPhone 3GS --> Nexus One Question within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Really? I was able to go to AT&T and have $15/month dropped off of my charges. I guess I lucked out....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone 3GS --> Nexus One Question

Really? I was able to go to AT&T and have $15/month dropped off of my charges. I guess I lucked out.

have both....

Quote Originally Posted by bazookafx3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Maybe I missed something in your original post. If he is on a 2 yr contract, he can't change anything. So even if he is not using a smart phone, he would still have to pay for the 3G service.
    Not true, I was on the iPhone 3GS 2 year contract and switched my phone to the nexus one. Since the Nexus One is an edge only phone it costs $15 instead of $30 a month. Just visit your local AT&T store and tell them you wanna change the phone on the plan
    I have both the iPhone 3GS and the N1. I have been with AT&T for several years. You can remove features within your service at any time and this will not effective your contract status. Removing or adding features has nothing to do with the contract itself.

Now regarding the data plan....AT&T uses a specific data plan for the iPhone. The Nexus 1 will need the Smartphone Data Plan ($30) and AT&T will recognize the phone. It has nothing to do with Edge Network verses 3G network. It has everything to do with the capability of the phone. For example I can load MSN or Google page on both iPhone 3GS and N1 in about the same speed (but that is not important) its the content that is loaded onto the phone(s) itself.......

So making a very long story short, if you have an iPhone 3GS and switch to N1 just tell them to switch you to the Smartphone Data Plan, that's it. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettohara1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookafx3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Maybe I missed something in your original post. If he is on a 2 yr contract, he can't change anything. So even if he is not using a smart phone, he would still have to pay for the 3G service.
    Not true, I was on the iPhone 3GS 2 year contract and switched my phone to the nexus one. Since the Nexus One is an edge only phone it costs $15 instead of $30 a month. Just visit your local AT&T store and tell them you wanna change the phone on the plan
    I have both the iPhone 3GS and the N1. I have been with AT&T for several years. You can remove features within your service at any time and this will not effective your contract status. Removing or adding features has nothing to do with the contract itself.

Now regarding the data plan....AT&T uses a specific data plan for the iPhone. The Nexus 1 will need the Smartphone Data Plan ($30) and AT&T will recognize the phone. It has nothing to do with Edge Network verses 3G network. It has everything to do with the capability of the phone. For example I can load MSN or Google page on both iPhone 3GS and N1 in about the same speed (but that is not important) its the content that is loaded onto the phone(s) itself.......

So making a very long story short, if you have an iPhone 3GS and switch to N1 just tell them to switch you to the Smartphone Data Plan, that's it. Hope this helps.

Man, you must have a lot of money to be able to afford 3gs and N1.:nexusx:

In regards to AT&T, if you are not under contract, you should be able to get the $15/month data plan. The $30.00 data plan is, or should be, the "subsidized" price to absorb the cost of the smartphone itself (iPhone, BB, etc...).

I had been on AT&T since 2000 and only switched to T-Mobile when the :nexusx:came out. I had been using the $15.00/month data plan with my unlocked Nokia N95 and later, the N97. I never had to upgrade my plan to the $30.00 because I wasn't subsidizing my phone. I was month-to-month and never had an issue. Granted, I never went and told them I had a smartphone (nor did they bother asking), I just wanted the data plan.
    The difference between a $15 or $30 data plan is that the additional $15.00/mo spread over 24 months is to cover the up-front discount on the phone when you sign up for a contract. It really has no bearing on the actual data service they provide you.

Since you can only get the :nexusx: carrier-free unlocked or subsidized under T-Mobile, if you intend on using it on AT&T, you should NOT have to pay as much as somebody who is under contract with them for a subsidized phone.

I am on new nexus one at&t model and just kept iphone 3gs plan the way it was and swapped sim over to N1. Plans cost the same and I can put my sim in my iphone on the nights i go out drinking so i dont bust the N1.

Why do people always have to make comments about money? "Man you must have a lot of money" I hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNGAETANO View Post
    Why do people always have to make comments about money? "Man you must have a lot of money" I hate that.
    Me Too! .. LOL, Can't a person just enjoy his / her gadgets? One of the reasons I switched to AT&T is the wonderful portability of the sim card ... Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNGAETANO View Post

Don't hate! You should just be proud of yourself you've got tons of money and say, DAYUM right!:rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by OctoPI View Post
    In regards to AT&T, if you are not under contract, you should be able to get the $15/month data plan. The $30.00 data plan is, or should be, the "subsidized" price to absorb the cost of the smartphone itself (iPhone, BB, etc...).

I had been on AT&T since 2000 and only switched to T-Mobile when the :nexusx:came out. I had been using the $15.00/month data plan with my unlocked Nokia N95 and later, the N97. I never had to upgrade my plan to the $30.00 because I wasn't subsidizing my phone. I was month-to-month and never had an issue. Granted, I never went and told them I had a smartphone (nor did they bother asking), I just wanted the data plan.
    The difference between a $15 or $30 data plan is that the additional $15.00/mo spread over 24 months is to cover the up-front discount on the phone when you sign up for a contract. It really has no bearing on the actual data service they provide you.

Since you can only get the :nexusx: carrier-free unlocked or subsidized under T-Mobile, if you intend on using it on AT&T, you should NOT have to pay as much as somebody who is under contract with them for a subsidized phone.
    This is not true anymore, unless your grandfathered in, ANY "smart" phone on their network is required to carry the $30/month plan, and yes they do detect the Nexus one (some have been "caught" in a day of being activated.. ) and add the fee automatically. Some poeple have reported getting out of the fee if they are NOT under contract and threaten to leave the service, but as always your mileage may vary...

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoPI View Post

This is not true anymore, unless your grandfathered in, ANY "smart" phone on their network is required to carry the $30/month plan, and yes they do detect the Nexus one (some have been "caught" in a day of being activated.. ) and add the fee automatically. Some poeple have reported getting out of the fee if they are NOT under contract and threaten to leave the service, but as always your mileage may vary...
    Well I'm gonna ride it till the wheels fall off cause I have yet to lose any service.

OUTLAW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links