iPhone 3GS --> Nexus One Question

This is a discussion on iPhone 3GS --> Nexus One Question within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hello. I made the change from my BB Bold 9000 to the Nexus One and love it (few small issues but oh well). I didn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 3GS --> Nexus One Question

iPhone 3GS --> Nexus One Question

Hello.

I made the change from my BB Bold 9000 to the Nexus One and love it (few small issues but oh well). I didn't make any changes to my plan. My friend was interested in my phone today and was wondering if he made the switch from his iPhone 3GS (also on AT&T) if he would have to change anything with his plan. Could someone lend their insight. Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Don't have to change plans. However, I did. They are identical in price and service btw.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    Don't have to change plans. However, I did. They are identical in price and service btw.
    Thanks ... that's what I figured.

Since he has a 3gs, he probably pays $30/mo for data. He doesn't need to pay that much because N1 can't receive 3G signal from AT&T.

So the plan will change in his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Since he has a 3gs, he probably pays $30/mo for data. He doesn't need to pay that much because N1 can't receive 3G signal from AT&T.

So the plan will change in his favor.
    Not in my case. They said I have to be on the plan they put me on which is $30/month. They may have told me wrong but that's what happened.(And they know I'm using the N1. They said that the plan I have is required for it)

Maybe I missed something in your original post. If he is on a 2 yr contract, he can't change anything. So even if he is not using a smart phone, he would still have to pay for the 3G service.

Maybe I missed something in your original post. If he is on a 2 yr contract, he can't change anything. So even if he is not using a smart phone, he would still have to pay for the 3G service.
    Not true, I was on the iPhone 3GS 2 year contract and switched my phone to the nexus one. Since the Nexus One is an edge only phone it costs $15 instead of $30 a month. Just visit your local AT&T store and tell them you wanna change the phone on the plan

Quote Originally Posted by bazookafx3 View Post
    Not true, I was on the iPhone 3GS 2 year contract and switched my phone to the nexus one. Since the Nexus One is an edge only phone it costs $15 instead of $30 a month. Just visit your local AT&T store and tell them you wanna change the phone on the plan
    Thanks! Gonna give it a shot!

I am only talking about the contract. If you break the contract early, you pay a penalty.

Besides the contract, read the posts regarding AT&T charging N1 customers $30/mo for data usage after the software udate.

Ok... They said since it's a pda type phone, it gets the $30/month data plan. Not a network (3g) issue but a pda data plan issue. Would not budge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links