Is the $20 unlimited 2G plan still available?

This is a discussion on Is the $20 unlimited 2G plan still available? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Back when the iPhone 2G was introduced, the data plan was $20/month for unlimited 2G. Seeing as the Nexus One is incapable of 3G on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the $20 unlimited 2G plan still available?

Is the $20 unlimited 2G plan still available?

Back when the iPhone 2G was introduced, the data plan was $20/month for unlimited 2G. Seeing as the Nexus One is incapable of 3G on AT&T's network, I was wondering if they still offered this rate. I'm guessing existing iPhone 2G users probably still have it, but is is possible to add it to other plans? My existing contract had an iPhone 3G on it, so I've been paying $30/month for my data, but if I can save $10/month, that'll add up to quite a bit over time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not positive, but I think it's long gone. I had it too.

We've heard that some people with the $15 plan were automatically -upgraded-.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

the $20 plan is still available for the first gen iphone. All other phones get the same data plan but for $15.

Please see the other posts on this subject. N1 is considered to be a smart phone, therefore you will pay $30/mo even if you only get EDGE instead of 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    the $20 plan is still available for the first gen iphone. All other phones get the same data plan but for $15.

Please see the other posts on this subject. N1 is considered to be a smart phone, therefore you will pay $30/mo even if you only get EDGE instead of 3G.
    He's correct. The lady at at&t tried to give me the $10 a month plan (i'm on a family) plan but the computer wouldn't let her. She got her manager and he said because i'm on a smart phone i HAVE to pay $30.. total bs if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    He's correct. The lady at at&t tried to give me the $10 a month plan (i'm on a family) plan but the computer wouldn't let her. She got her manager and he said because i'm on a smart phone i HAVE to pay $30.. total bs if you ask me.
    Why is it BS? It's a data intense device.

Plus their network, their rules....

The fact that they charge additional for a phone sending data which is hardly any different then when your talking on the phone is them price gouging. In fact we're the only country that has to pay $30 for unlimited data.

Then on top of charging extra they charge double the price for a smart phone over a regular phone.. AND in our case, we have a phone that can't use nearly the speeds and send nearly as much data as a 3G capable phone but yet they still charge us the maximum price. What part of any of this isn't complete BS?

But your right, it's their network and their rules. That's why i'm getting a $40 unlimited data plan on t-mobile and ditching at&t

I'm of the same opinion - if you're buying unlimited data, then you have a right to the unlimited data. The phone you use doesn't affect your ability to potentially use unlimited data. Therefore, by charging different amounts for different phones, AT&T is charging different people different amounts for arbitrary reasons. I'm pretty sure that's illegal. It'd be like a cable company charging more if you have a flat screen TV than if you have a CRT.

Anyway, the only solution I've thought of is to spoof the IMEI of my previous phone and destroy my old phone so it can't be used again and confuse the network. Not that I would ever do anything illegal like that, but theoretically, does anyone know if it's possible to spoof IMEI numbers on an Android phone such as the Nexus One?

I just put in an order for a nexus one and I called up at&t to get a data only plan and she said I had to get a talk plan for like 30-40$ and then the 30$ data plan on top of that? Really? You just can't get the data only plan anymore?

Then I saw on At&t's website they are selling a droid backflip for 100$ but it requires you to get a 30$/mo data plan for 2 years...

I'm confused.... please anyone know what the truth is?

Look carefully....the Backflip plan is NOT data only. You still have to choose a voice plan to go with it.

Oh, and the Backflip ships with Android 1.5. N1 with 2.1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links