Internet question

This is a discussion on Internet question within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; My question is that since I will be receiveing my N1 today and using it on AT&T will I need to eneter any type of ...

Thread: Internet question

Internet question

My question is that since I will be receiveing my N1 today
    and using it on AT&T will I need to eneter any type of network setting for the internet or sms/mms to work. Or is it a simple pop and play? Thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

insert sim -> play -> open browser -> goto nexusoneforums.com -> use the search button before making another thread.

Rooted Nexus One

LOL, thanks. I wouldve used the search button but assuming its a AT&T question it wouldve been in here.

P.S. thanks for the warm welcome

Quote Originally Posted by xgoochx View Post
    using it on AT&T will I need to eneter any type of network setting for the internet or sms/mms to work. Or is it a simple pop and play?
    If you have a data plan that is >$29.99, AT&T will let you use their network without any issue. If you have anything less, they will probably -upgrade- you to the $30 smartphone data plan.

But to answer your question, it worked for me because I was already on a smartphone plan.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

It's an unlocked phone. You'll be able to use the $10.00 unlimited family medianet plan or the $15.00 if you don't have unlimited family text on your account. Unlocked phones on AT&T rate the dummy phone medianet plans. I've used an unlocked Palm Treo Pro, Nokia N95 and various other unlocked phones and have never had any problem. That's the great thing about using an unlocked phone. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and provide details of your experience if experienced first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    If you have a data plan that is >$29.99, AT&T will let you use their network without any issue. If you have anything less, they will probably -upgrade- you to the $30 smartphone data plan.
    So I guess I'm wrong. For me on my family plan with unlimited text, they let me turn on my AT&T Nexus One with the $10 unlimited data plan.

He didn't ask for an IMEI or anything. Just looked at my plans and said, here you go. I said that I was switching phones, he asked if I needed any help with that and I said nope.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Glad to hear it worked out that way for you. That's exactly how it should be when using an unlocked, unsubsidized phone. Anyone that is still on an iphone or blackberry data plan should drop those plans and signup for the unlimited medianet for dummy phones.

Quote Originally Posted by aglowlight View Post
    Glad to hear it worked out that way for you. That's exactly how it should be when using an unlocked, unsubsidized phone. Anyone that is still on an iphone or blackberry data plan should drop those plans and signup for the unlimited medianet for dummy phones.
    I log into the AT&T website and the only option that shows there is the iPhone plan for me. Do I have to call them up and get it changed? Then what do I tell them on the phone?

I am not sure that you're going to be able to stay on a cheap MEdiaNet plan if you have the AT&T 3G Nexus One.

AT&T seem to have the list of the IMEI associated with the AT&T Nexus One phones, and there are all kinds of stories all over the place regarding automatic switches to PDA plans after starting to use a Nexus One.

They don't automatically check the IMEI, but there are many things that you can do in your onine AT&T account, or through customer service that will cause the IMEI to be polled and then you're on the PDA plan.

With unlocked and unassociated devices like the Nokia E71 and E72, you can get away with keeping a MEdiaNet plan if you buy the Nokia already having the MEdiaNet plan.

I am glad that it worked out for the user who was able to do it, but I would not absolutely, completely rely on the plan staying that way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links