Anyone have insurance?

This is a discussion on Anyone have insurance? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Got my phone last week, loving it so far. Does anyone have insurance on their phone? I've called state farm in the DC/MD/VA area where ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have insurance?

Anyone have insurance?

Got my phone last week, loving it so far. Does anyone have insurance on their phone? I've called state farm in the DC/MD/VA area where I'm staying now, along with florida where i'm a resident of. All of the 10 agents i've spoken with said state farm no longer covers cell phones under the personal articles policy or any other policy.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know for sure someone has State Farm Insurance on their phone - perhaps it is state based though.
    Rooted Nexus One

Well I have Progressive.. and they dont cover phones. Now I did call State Farm and they do.. BUT the kicker is that they do not do the warrenty if it's droped,mis handled etc etc.. Now if its in your car and your car catches on fire etc etc that they cover.. or Your house etc etc.. so in other words for basic warrenty.. they dont.

Just take good care of your phone. I know I will/do.

I have to agree. Since insurance isn't looking promising I got a nice anti glare screen protector and the Innocase II. I always take good care of my stuff anyway and it's pointless to pay $5 a month for insurance and have to drop $150 for a deductable. Might as well just put all that money in the bank each month and you might have enough to just buy a new phone when ya need it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Got my phone last week, loving it so far. Does anyone have insurance on their phone? I've called state farm in the DC/MD/VA area where I'm staying now, along with florida where i'm a resident of. All of the 10 agents i've spoken with said state farm no longer covers cell phones under the personal articles policy or any other policy.
    Yep I got SquareTrade insurance for two years.... Covers everything excluding lost or stolen. $60.00 bucks a year.

Ouch I just looked at square trade.. you have to pay the full 2 years up front?? In the past year and a half i've went through 4 phones.... I doubt i'll be giving the up the N1 that fast but if a better phone comes out I may upgrade.

So i gave square trade a call and the warranty is transferable. So at least if you do sell the phone you can sell it with a warranty, rooted or not :D Think i'm gonna hold off before forking out $115 though.

thanks for the tip bass

Ouch I just looked at square trade.. you have to pay the full 2 years up front?? In the past year and a half i've went through 4 phones.... I doubt i'll be giving the up the N1 that fast but if a better phone comes out I may upgrade.

So i gave square trade a call and the warranty is transferable. So at least if you do sell the phone you can sell it with a warranty, rooted or not :D Think i'm gonna hold off before forking out $115 though.

thanks for the tip bass
    The best part of the insurance is if after a year you sell the phone and you don't want to transfer the insurance they will refund you back for the remainder of the time. You can cancel at any time. So to me it is worth it Piece of mind just in case my son or dog decides to get a hold of it and throw it around like a rag doll.

Quote Originally Posted by bassodisee View Post

thanks for the tip bass
    The best part of the insurance is if after a year you sell the phone and you don't want to transfer the insurance they will refund you back for the remainder of the time. You can cancel at any time. So to me it is worth it Piece of mind just in case my son or dog decides to get a hold of it and throw it around like a rag doll.
    ok i didn't know that part.. that is AWESOME! even if you do take perfect care of the phone, a speaker could go out or some other hardware malfunction. I think i'm gonna go with squaretrade also

Over the years I have had several phones off EBay and had Square Trade warranties on all of them. Every claim I made was handled well, just thought I mention that... might get one when I break down and give up and buy the N1

Does anybody know if rooting your n1 will void the squaretrade warranty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links