AT&T 3G Updates?

This is a discussion on AT&T 3G Updates? within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Hi, So, I'm currently drooling over the awesomeness that is the Nexus One and am seriously considering upgrading from my old iPhone (1st gen, 8G), ...

Thread: AT&T 3G Updates?

AT&T 3G Updates?

Hi,

So, I'm currently drooling over the awesomeness that is the Nexus One and am seriously considering upgrading from my old iPhone (1st gen, 8G), but I'm currently on a family plan with AT&T so it makes more sense for me to stick with them. However, I know the Nexus One has issues carrying AT&T's 3G network. I also read somewhere that Google is looking to fix this issue. Do you all know if this update would be issued OTA or would one actually need to have a physically-upgraded Nexus One? If the latter, I'll probably wait until they release the Nexus One with this capability? (Or maybe they would accept people sending in their phones for them to be upgraded?)

Thank you!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The radios in the current N1 will not do 3G on AT&T. It will require a new handset that has the correct radios for this to work. Waiting is your only real option right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    The radios in the current N1 will not do 3G on AT&T. It will require a new handset that has the correct radios for this to work. Waiting is your only real option right now.
    I can not wait till this happens sell my current unlocked and get a 3g version. hope att&t has something special for people like me , I doubt it though. Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    I can not wait till this happens sell my current unlocked and get a 3g version. hope att&t has something special for people like me , I doubt it though. Keeping fingers crossed.
    x2
    Waiting for N1 that runs on 3G and then will sell this unlocked one I have. But there are rumors that AT&T will get the Desire. Choices...

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    x2
    Waiting for N1 that runs on 3G and then will sell this unlocked one I have. But there are rumors that AT&T will get the Desire. Choices...
    N1 for me I'm waiting 2-3 more months if it doesn't come I will switch to T-Mobile

No more waiting. It started shipping last week.

The bad news is that even if you get the N1 headset for use w/ AT&T... you're on AT&T :rofl3:

i don't get it

At&t does a really good job for me.
    It has the fastest network and it's every place i want to be.

I love speech to text

Quote Originally Posted by AintLion View Post
    At&t does a really good job for me.
    It has the fastest network and it's every place i want to be.

I love speech to text

For me as well!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links