ATT Nexus one question

This is a discussion on ATT Nexus one question within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by kevinbabbit I had an old smart phone that went south on me. I have always had a basic ATT 450 minute plan ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATT Nexus one question

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbabbit View Post
    I had an old smart phone that went south on me. I have always had a basic ATT 450 minute plan with the data option blocked. I bought an unlocked Nexus one, slapped in the sim card from my own phone and have been running great ever since. I have wifi at home, wifi at the courthouse and wifi at a variety of hot spots around town.

The only way I see you being out of luck is if for some reason you have to get back on a contract. Even then, I think all you would have to do is continue to have the data blocked.

I have been using an iphone on ATT without a data plan since August 2009 and they have not been forcing a data plan on my plan.

I have also asked them to block EDGE on my SIM.

No problems so far. So, I don't see why you should worry about N1 on ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbabbit View Post
    I had an old smart phone that went south on me. I have always had a basic ATT 450 minute plan with the data option blocked. I bought an unlocked Nexus one, slapped in the sim card from my own phone and have been running great ever since. I have wifi at home, wifi at the courthouse and wifi at a variety of hot spots around town.

The only way I see you being out of luck is if for some reason you have to get back on a contract. Even then, I think all you would have to do is continue to have the data blocked.

I have been using an iphone on ATT without a data plan since August 2009 and they have not been forcing a data plan on my plan.

I have also asked them to block EDGE on my SIM.

No problems so far. So, I don't see why you should worry about N1 on ATT.
    Interesting!:nexusx: where x=1 it is!

we now have N1 for ATT 3G.No wonder they were able to track it down using IMEI.But Will these two have two different IMEIs or same ones?

Can I swap my edge nexus one with the 3g nexus one?

Quote Originally Posted by A1most View Post
    If by swap you mean sell your old T-Mobile version and buy the new AT&T version, yes...ha.

I wish Google would offer the option to swap out phones, it would only make sense, but unfortunately I doubt that will happen.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    If by swap you mean sell your old T-Mobile version and buy the new AT&T version, yes...ha.

I wish Google would offer the option to swap out phone, it would only make sense, but unfortunately I doubt that will happen.
    thanks that make sense now

sell it on ebay then buy the AT&T version problems solved

This has been heavily talked about over on AT&T's forums, here is the summary:

If you put ANY "smartphone" on AT&T's network, when they notice it they WILL add the $30 a month plan automatically. The exception is phones that were on their network before they put that policy in place are safe UNTIL they upgrade.

However there are unconfirmed rumors that if you are NOT UNDER CONTRACT, and threaten to leave their network over it, the "omg we are loosing a customer" agents can have that fee waived.

AT&T has not yet imposed a data plan on my phone. I don't want or need data on my phone. They know exactly what phone I have.

It may be due to a couple of things posted above:
    1) I am on a month to month basis (no lengthy contract)
    2) The phone is 2 years old (probably preceding their new policy).

Therefore my posts will be biased due to my direct experience with AT&T in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    AT&T has not yet imposed a data plan on my phone. I don't want or need data on my phone. They know exactly what phone I have.

It may be due to a couple of things posted above:
    1) I am on a month to month basis (no lengthy contract)
    2) The phone is 2 years old (probably preceding their new policy).

Therefore my posts will be biased due to my direct experience with AT&T in this matter.
    I am in this same camp as you, my wife's blackberry has no data plan on it. But its almost 2 years old. New phones are with out expection being cuaght. Some in days of being turned on... several Nexus one users already reported it. You and I got grandfathered in, but that is not an option any more. Well I have data on my phone, but that was buy choice a while back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links