ATT Nexus one question

This is a discussion on ATT Nexus one question within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just got my at&t N1 today, used my $10 data plan without any issues. AT&T can only find out what type of phone you have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATT Nexus one question

Just got my at&t N1 today, used my $10 data plan without any issues. AT&T can only find out what type of phone you have if Google provides them with the IMEI number ranges / prefixes. Had made a call for a friend to get a blackberry data plan, customer service did not find any matches to her blackberry IMEI which was bought in Indonesia.

Also, I have been using this $10 data plan with that old smart phone (not iPhone) since I started line. Bought the last phone with subsidy from AT&T but they attached the IMEI to the wrong number (within the family plan). They did not check my IMEI against the database since the start of the line, though I have not been using too much data with the old phone, might be using much more with N1.

Hopefully the $10 data plan stays.

Just remember the $10 data plan requires unlimited family text. That's an extra charge.

Who knows if this will continue, but when I called AT&T tonight to enable data for my new AT&T Nexus One, he put me on the $10 unlimited data plan.

Remember though, I am already on unlimited text on my family plan. So that's got something to do with it.

I also ran SpeedText.Net tonight. Here are 3 different runs from the same area of the house with the 2 different Nexus Ones. 4 bars on both phones.

AT&T 3G
    DL - 2319 - 2102 - 1920 kbps
    UL - 1617 - 1649 - 1586 kbps

T-Mobile 3G
    DL - 968 - 972 - 913 kbps
    UL - 393 - 418 - 389 kbps

I guess I'm switching back to AT&T . :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads