Not able to connect to any data network

This is a discussion on Not able to connect to any data network within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have a nexus one on at&t. I have unlimited data and called at&t to give them the imei number for my new phone so ...

Thread: Not able to connect to any data network

Not able to connect to any data network

I have a nexus one on at&t. I have unlimited data and called at&t to give them the imei number for my new phone so I could transfer the sim card. Now I can send and receive calls but I cannot connect to their data network and cannot send or receive texts. Is there a setting I can change to resolve this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I didn't have any problem when I inserted my AT&T sim into my Nexus One, so it CAN be done.

Some ideas from the Settings - Wireless & network settings - Mobile network settings
    • Do you have the check on Data Roaming?
    • Do you have the check on Use only 2G networks? (slower, but N1 only has AT&T 2G radios)
    • Last ditch effort, but shouldn't matter for you, go to Available networks and manually select the AT&T / Cingular tower.

:nexusx: You probably will eventually do what I did. Cut the AT&T cord, sign up on t-Mobile for an Even More Plus account. It's probably cheaper than your current AT&T plan.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    I didn't have any problem when I inserted my AT&T sim into my Nexus One, so it CAN be done.

Some ideas from the Settings - Wireless & network settings - Mobile network settings
    • Do you have the check on Data Roaming?
    • Do you have the check on Use only 2G networks? (slower, but N1 only has AT&T 2G radios)
    • Last ditch effort, but shouldn't matter for you, go to Available networks and manually select the AT&T / Cingular tower.

:nexusx: You probably will eventually do what I did. Cut the AT&T cord, sign up on t-Mobile for an Even More Plus account. It's probably cheaper than your current AT&T plan.
    Turns out they cancelled my data plan after they realized I had a smartphone. I plan on following your TMO advice.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links