Nexus One at&t Version - Screen Problems

This is a discussion on Nexus One at&t Version - Screen Problems within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; AT&T Nexus One has problems with screen color saturation I'm sure most of you have seen this posting about how the screen colors on the ...

Thread: Nexus One at&t Version - Screen Problems

Nexus One at&t Version - Screen Problems

AT&T Nexus One has problems with screen color saturation

I'm sure most of you have seen this posting about how the screen colors on the at&t Nexus one is over saturated. I have looked on different postings and haven't seen anyone else comment that they are having the same problem. Any current Nexus One (at&t version) owners confirm this story? Mybe this thread can be used to prove or debunk this story. Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by defdrums View Post

I'm sure most of you have seen this posting about how the screen colors on the at&t Nexus one is over saturated. I have looked on different postings and haven't seen anyone else comment that they are having the same problem. Any current Nexus One (at&t version) owners confirm this story? Mybe this thread can be used to prove or debunk this story. Thanks!
    No problems what so ever with mine... Screen color is perfect, I put it side by side with some fellow office workers iphone and they were amazed at how clear the screen is.... But I've had friends with Iphones or any other type of phone that they got the one with a bad screen so I'm sure its possible for any make phone...

Only problem I experienced was that it's very very very difficult to view the screen in direct sunlight. Even with the screen brightness turned up.

So far I still love it though. First 4 days is still honeymoon phase.

There are plenty of keyboard "improvement" apps on the Marketplace meant to improve Android's typing experience. Two reasons: because the Android soft-keyboard sucks, and because Android is open enough that they can. ThickButtons is a pretty good evolution of this.

ThickButtons For Android Enlarges Letters, But at What Cost? - Thickbuttons - Gizmodo

I've been in the IT field for over 10 years and you have to remember that a lot of the people complaining are users and just that. In a windows environment over 95% of issues I see are user error. People will complain and say something is broken as soon as it doesn't work how they want it to and they aren't using how it's designed to be used.. For example trying to type with their finger nail and not the meaty part of their finger. Then they go online and start threads about how broke their phone is when it could very well be them instead.

As simple as it may sound to us, it's not so simple for the average person that isn't tech savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by defdrums View Post

I just got my AT&T N1 yesterday and had a weird experience similar to the article you linked to. When I powered on the device for the first time, I noticed the purplish tint (I just sold a Tmobile N1 version the day before that had a perfect screen) when entering my google account information. I remember thinking, can I deal with this or should I send it back for an exchange. After everything was synced, I brought up the messaging app and started a new message. The purplish tint was completely gone. I haven't seen it since I first turned the phone on. Weird I know, but I can't explain.

yes this is a problem.
    I have a purplish tint. It's especially obvious if the brightness is at low or I'm in a dark/dim room. At first I thought the screen was supposed to look like that but after seeing N1 videos on YouTube other phones definetly have a darker crisper blackness to the UI.
    Not all images are effected though - I mean the status bar, stock widgets look off, some apps look off. If you go into the stock news application the background is purpley and there are even faint purple lines at the headings where it says "top stories, weather," etc. The phone app UI looks purpley...
    But then other blacks look fine for example in photos or some wallpapers.
    So I think it's a settings/software tweak that is needed.
    HTC said this was a noted issue of AT&T phones, and to expect a software update soon. The guy at google said he had never heard of the issue.

So this plus the malfunctioning automatic brightness issue sucks. I'm passed the 2 weeks return period and I've unlocked it. Dont want to go through shipping it back anyway... I'm just hoping for an update from HTC...:confused:

other then that, I like the phone a lot

p.s. i took screen shots I was going to post to show here - but when downloaded from my phone and viewed on my computer they look fine not purpley at all... so again I think it's a simple tweak I don't understand why HTC is taking so long to release an OTA fix...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links