New Nexus One on AT&T ok EDGE poor 3G

This is a discussion on New Nexus One on AT&T ok EDGE poor 3G within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have been pretty frustrated with the very intermittent 3G service I've been experiencing on the AT&T Nexus One I received yesterday. The status bar ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Nexus One on AT&T ok EDGE poor 3G

New Nexus One on AT&T ok EDGE poor 3G

I have been pretty frustrated with the very intermittent 3G service I've been experiencing on the AT&T Nexus One I received yesterday. The status bar at top always says 3G...I have never seen EDGE. Even so, I am more often than not unable to connect. It seems when connectivity is there, speed is adequate, but despite showing 3G up top, the the upload/download bars showing activity, I am frequently not even able to load a web page or refresh Facebook.

Just for fun, I selected the option 'Use only 2G networks' and what do you know? Consistent speeds and no loss of connectivity.

While I'm not happy to be getting only EDGE speed, the alternative is lousy 3G service. Any ideas why EDGE would work well and 3G would perform so poorly? Could the AT&T phone be plagued by issues similar to those that the T Mobile device experienced (or experiences)?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I sure hope not....i gave up on TMO 3g in my area....EDGE all the way baby!!!!!!

be7
    Isbuffs, where are you located?

Highlands Ranch, CO. Using SIM that was in my iPhone. Hadn't experienced any 3G issues with iPhone which is why this is concerning me.

i have the same stupid issue...i just got the Att Nexus One...i live in an excellent 3g coverage area..full bars all the time with every Att phone i ever used....i have full bars of 3g with the nexus one, but for no reason, the 3g disappears at the top and i have no data connection what so ever...it takes like 5-10 seconds to get 3g data service back...but it doesnt even switch to Edge...it just stops accessing data for no reason....

VERY ANNOYING...

Sorry to hear that others are having problems. I live in the Maryland Baltimore area. I Switched from an iPhone 3GS and my N1 is currently getting better reception than my iPhone was. I have not noticed it drop or switch from 3G to Edge yet and I live in a crappy 3G area.

Hope you guys eventually have your problem resolved.

Orlando here with a AT&T specific 3g model just released and everything seems fine so far. It is a slight learning curve moving from the iphone 3gs as the touch screens are slightly different.

Sorry to hear.... DC metro area including Maryland and Virgina I have rock solid 3g everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by jasunto View Post
    Orlando here with a AT&T specific 3g model just released and everything seems fine so far. It is a slight learning curve moving from the iphone 3gs as the touch screens are slightly different.
    Where in Orlando? I'm in Windermere and the AT&T 3G on the iphone sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by lsbuffs View Post
    I have been pretty frustrated with the very intermittent 3G service I've been experiencing on the AT&T Nexus One I received yesterday. The status bar at top always says 3G...I have never seen EDGE. Even so, I am more often than not unable to connect. It seems when connectivity is there, speed is adequate, but despite showing 3G up top, the the upload/download bars showing activity, I am frequently not even able to load a web page or refresh Facebook.

Just for fun, I selected the option 'Use only 2G networks' and what do you know? Consistent speeds and no loss of connectivity.

While I'm not happy to be getting only EDGE speed, the alternative is lousy 3G service. Any ideas why EDGE would work well and 3G would perform so poorly? Could the AT&T phone be plagued by issues similar to those that the T Mobile device experienced (or experiences)?
    I think it depends on your area for 3G coverage. I have Tmobile in Miami Dade and the service is great no issues. Solid 3G coverage 90% of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links