Switch from iPhone 3GS to AT&T N1

This is a discussion on Switch from iPhone 3GS to AT&T N1 within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Okay...time to start asking questions :D Is the contacts list on the 3GS stored on the SIM? So they'll be there when I put the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Switch from iPhone 3GS to AT&T N1

Okay...time to start asking questions :D

Is the contacts list on the 3GS stored on the SIM? So they'll be there when I put the SIM into the N1?
    If not, any tips on how to get this contact list exported to google from iPhone/iTunes for sync later?

Yes, I'm finally getting an N1

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

Is the contacts list on the 3GS stored on the SIM? So they'll be there when I put the SIM into the N1?
    If not, any tips on how to get this contact list exported to google from iPhone/iTunes for sync later?

woot woot!!

Google Sync for your phone

Well when I was syncing my 3Gs with iTunes I had contacts saved to Google (on the info tab in iTunes), so when I got my N1 and logged in my gmail the first time it did an OTA sync. Easy, quick and simple. The phone numbers and emails were synced.

Thank you, gentlemen! No wonder I love this place! :D :rolling:

yeah, and NOOB ALERT...

Thank you, gentlemen! No wonder I love this place! :D :rolling:

yeah, and NOOB ALERT...
    everyone was a noob at once.. heck i still consider myself one lol.

soon you will be interested in rooting your phone, but there is not a single solid step by step guide to do it. I think this weekend i'm going to put together a step by step guide going from turning on the stock N1 to booting up with cyanogen.

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquare View Post
    um...........no.
    I am still on the side lines, thinking about buying the N1, thinking about waiting for the HTC Desire, thinking about an IPhone... what makes the N1 better then your IPhone, in your opinion?
    Sorry it took so long. First and foremost MULTITASKING!!! Nothing worse than entering a new appointment on the iPhone, get a call, then all that was entered is lost. Second, it is open source. Rearange the screen, move stuff around, do what you want, its all up to you.

I want to root mine, but have a few things keeping me from it. Is there an actual stable rom out there, where EVERYTHING works 100% perfect? I don't want to have the bluetooth or wifi not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquare View Post
    I want to root mine, but have a few things keeping me from it. Is there an actual stable rom out there, where EVERYTHING works 100% perfect? I don't want to have the bluetooth or wifi not work.
    yeah cyanogen. that's what i use

I almost ordered the N1 last night, still not sure ... I really enjoy the speed of the 3GS ... But would like a better notification system (nothing worse than iPhones) .. Multi-Tasking with IM Apps and Todo Lists would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I almost ordered the N1 last night, still not sure ... I really enjoy the speed of the 3GS ... But would like a better notification system (nothing worse than iPhones) .. Multi-Tasking with IM Apps and Todo Lists would be good.
    Speed of the 3GS meaning connection speed or performance of the phone itself? My N1 blows away my neighbors 3GS in every single performance test we have tried.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links